Transfer utility for rigid objects

Hello everyone! I created the armor for a shoulder in 3d. To use it with genesis I use the transfer utility. But now the object deforms like a fabric when I move my shoulder, I would like it to remain rigid like a metal object. How can I do? Thank you.

Comments

• If you want it rigid you coudl either just aprent it or you could edit the weight maps genrated by the Transfer utility to make them consistent across the mesh - in that case you would probably need to add some morphs to move it correctly in response to poses.

• Thanks for your answer. how do i aprend it? Do you have a link that explains? thank you.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,396

iacoposk8 said:

Thanks for your answer. how do i aprend it? Do you have a link that explains? thank you.

Richard meant "parent it", that was a typo 

• Leana said:

iacoposk8 said:

Thanks for your answer. how do i aprend it? Do you have a link that explains? thank you.

Richard meant "parent it", that was a typo 

I had never tried! perfect! it works :) Is there a particular way to save it as a wearable preset?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,396

You would save it in the same way as for clothes: save an asset first, then load that asset and parent it to the figure, then save a wearable preset from what is on the figure.

• When I use the transfer utility, daz adds a weight map for each node. If I want to modify the weights of the right collar map, for example, to reduce the intensity with which the object will be deformed, should I use the smooth tool or is there a sort of slider where I can proportionally decrease the weights of the already drawn area?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,058

I use the geometry editor to select all the mesh of the piece of armour the with weight brush and the wanted bone selected edit fill selected with 100% weights

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I use the geometry editor to select all the mesh of the piece of armour the with weight brush and the wanted bone selected edit fill selected with 100% weights

Thanks a lot for the answer. I tried to do this but I think I'm missing some step. Could you show me a tutorial, text or video where they do it? I can't find any. Thanks again