StickyChain - pose tool [Released]

13»

Comments

• surrealsurreal Posts: 161

barbult said:

So I used a StickyChain to bring it under control.

Nice tail :-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,991

Thanks. StickyChain is becoming indispensable.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971

surreal said:

Ok, checked file sizes of the .dsx and .zip file and they match what you have (440 bytes and 1.67MB) , gotthe .dll, but there is .dsx file in the manifest directory.

If the .dll file is in your DAZStudio4\plugins" folder you must have allowed the change.
    I don't know why you would then see the "...QProcess: Destroyed ..." message in your log file.

With the "StickyChain.dll" file in your "..\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins" folder,
    when you open DAZStudio, you should be able to see the "New StickyChain" menu item in the Create menu.

The manual should be "...Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\StickyChain\StickyChain Manual.pdf"

If the .dsx file is in you maniest directory, then you should be able to see the StickyChain plugin item in the "Installed" tab of DAZ Install Manager.

Seemingly all present and correct (it is now, actually, in the list of installed items in DIM - it used to drop out whenever I re-started DIM, so that's a bonus), EXCEPT it does not appear in the Create menu! 

edited March 2023

SimonJM said:

surreal said:

Ok, checked file sizes of the .dsx and .zip file and they match what you have (440 bytes and 1.67MB) , gotthe .dll, but there is .dsx file in the manifest directory.

If the .dll file is in your DAZStudio4\plugins" folder you must have allowed the change.
    I don't know why you would then see the "...QProcess: Destroyed ..." message in your log file.

With the "StickyChain.dll" file in your "..\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins" folder,
    when you open DAZStudio, you should be able to see the "New StickyChain" menu item in the Create menu.

The manual should be "...Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\StickyChain\StickyChain Manual.pdf"

If the .dsx file is in you maniest directory, then you should be able to see the StickyChain plugin item in the "Installed" tab of DAZ Install Manager.

Seemingly all present and correct (it is now, actually, in the list of installed items in DIM - it used to drop out whenever I re-started DIM, so that's a bonus), EXCEPT it does not appear in the Create menu! 

When you are in DAZStudio does it appear in the list of Installed Plugins?

Have you input your registration number? 
    It will stop working after 7 14 days if you have not registration it by inputting your registration number. (Serial number from your DAZ > Account > Serial Numbers)

If it does appear in the list of Installed Plugins in DAZStudio, and you have input your registration number then:
    In DAZStudio when you go into Customize DAZ Studio (e.g. menu Window > Workspace > Customize, or F3 key)
    Is there a "StickyChain" Actions group ?

Post edited by surreal on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971

surreal said:

SimonJM said:

surreal said:

When you are in DAZStudio does it appear in the list of Installed Plugins?

Have you input your registration number? 
    It will stop working after 7 days if you have not registration it by inputting your registration number. (Serial number from your DAZ > Account > Serial Numbers)

If it does appear in the list of Installed Plugins in DAZStudio, and you have input your registration number then:
    In DAZStudio when you go into Customize DAZ Studio (e.g. menu Window > Workspace > Customize, or F3 key)
    Is there a "StickyChain" Actions group ?

Happily, after entering the key, restarting Daz Studio it ow shows up as an option on the Create menu - thank you for assistance!

• How to use it? Clicking these icons does nothing:

sticky icons.JPG
    519 x 647 - 51K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,991
    edited May 2023
    Watch the videos linked in the first message in this thread.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Thanks - restarting daz helped

dziemian.pawel said:

barbult said:

Thanks - restarting daz helped

I will add that information to the manual, in any future update.
    If you still have any questions or problems let me know.

My thanks as well to barbult for helping.

edited November 2023

<EDITED>

Sorry my mistake, I miss represented the impact of DAZ Studio 4.22 on plugin.

It works fine when I have it installed blush

Regards

Surreal

• ladywolf1ladywolf1 Posts: 123

Hi guys, I purhcased this plugin and works amazingly... however I have a problem.
    The end of my chain, no matter the object (rigged) an issue occurs at the end of the chain (the "yellow" sphere of the tutorial) the item gets deformed, squished on itself. This doens't happen with unrigged items. I tried on a tail (cat and a geograft tail on a human), on a pony tail (hair), and an actual chain prop - it happens in all of them. ANy idea how to solve it and what's causing it?

edited September 8

ladywolf1 said:

Hi guys, I purhcased this plugin and works amazingly... however I have a problem.
    The end of my chain, no matter the object (rigged) an issue occurs at the end of the chain (the "yellow" sphere of the tutorial) the item gets deformed, squished on itself. This doens't happen with unrigged items. I tried on a tail (cat and a geograft tail on a human), on a pony tail (hair), and an actual chain prop - it happens in all of them. ANy idea how to solve it and what's causing it?

Hi ladywolf1, I am away from my computer for two weeks so will try answering this from memory.

Is the "2. Chain End" of your sticky chain a Skeleton type of node?

Root cause: When a 'Skeleton' type node is selected as the "2. Chain End" the plugin can get confused about the node's beginning and end and how and what it should rotate. Thus, the plugin may fold all the skeleton's child nodes in on themselves.
    Workaround: When you want to use multiple rigged objects in a single chain, the "2. Chain End" should be a child node within the second rigged object (e.g. hip). Not the 'Skeleton' of the second figure.
    . Not applicable to latest version 2.9

edited September 8

My memory is not as good as it used to be blush

The distance between a figure's root node point (skeleton's point of origin) and the Hip node point can make it problematic to use figures within a stickychain.

The StickyChain plugin works best with evenly spaced links (distance between the nodes within the chain of nodes). When the distances between the nodes vary significantly, the plugin may not position the end node on the StickyChain node and the chain curve may be twisted or kinked.

For best results, when using figures as sub componts within a StickyChain;
    1. Before parenting the figure, poition it so that figure's root node is about the same distance from the node it will be parented to as that node is from its parent node (i.e. evenly spaced nodes).
    2. If the hip is included in the StickyChain chain of nodes, position the figure's hip node about the same distance from the figure's root node as the distance between the other nodes within the chain (i.e. evenly spaced nodes). This is not required if the figure's root node is the "2. Chain End" of the stickychain.

Root cause: StickyChain works best with evenly spaced nodes.
    Workaround: When using a figure as links within a StickyChain of nodes, make sure the distance between the figures root node and its parent and the distance between hip node and the figures root node are roughly the same as the distances between the other nodes within the chain.