[SOLVED] Marvelous Designer to DAZ - Transfer Utility - Shrinking problem

arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143
edited March 2023 in New Users

Hello,

The clothes created in Marvelous Designer, when parented to the figure with the Transfer Utility, are shriniking. The body base is the same in Marvelous Designer and DAZ. I'm using autofit in Marvelous Designer before exporting the OBJ. The shape seems right in Blender and DAZ before the TU. I guess there's something wrong in my workflow, but where? Any hint, tips?

Post edited by arthenics on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,396

You say the "body base" is the same, but is that the default shape of the figure or a morphed / scaled one?

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143
    edited March 2023

It's the G9 dev load with female shape to 100% in DAZ. And I fit the MD defaut female shape to the G9 shape before exporting from MD to DAZ. In other words :

MD - female default - used to create clothings

MD - fit to G9 female

MD - export as OBJ

DAZ - G9 female

DAZ - load cloth

DAZ - Transfer Utility

Post edited by arthenics on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,396

Ok so it uses a morph.

If your item is created for a morphed version of the figure, then you need to run the transfer utility using that version of the figure as the source (which is what you're doing) and make sure you have the "Reverse Source Shape from Target" box checked, and "item shape: current" in the source parameters.

That way DS knows what modified shape it was made for and can "undo" those modifications to make it fit the base figure.

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

It works. Thanks.