Sheer Greatness how to use it

Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to DAz3d and have just purchased Sheer Greatness, but absolutely don't get along with it. Whenever I want to use it on one my Genesis 8 models it doesn't work. It doesn'
t seem to work like a piece of cloth it's like the pantyhose is always seperated and my model doen's wear it. What do I have to do to to be able to put it on my models? Can anyone help?

Thank you

Dominik

Comments

• It is for Genesis, not Genesis 8 - but it is a clothing set so you load the item, fit it (should happen automatically, I would expect) and then go through the Autofit dialogue.

• What is the difference between "for Genesis and Genesis 8". I thought it wilol work for all models?

• Genesis without a number is Genesis 1

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

"for Genesis" means "Genesis 1". Obviously way back then, when there was only one version, it didn't need the number appended to the end. It is tagged as "G1" under the thumbnail in the catalogue page.

However, as Richard has said, if you make sure the figure is selected when you load the asset it should open an Autofit dialog to try and make the asset work for the newer figure. I think I have only dipped back into G3 assets so I don't have experience of autofitting assets that old to newer figures myself.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 15.51.10.png
    340 x 690 - 223K
  • dominik411dominik411 Posts: 8
    edited March 2023

Ok, thank you. I'll try to find out if there are any autofit options as soon as possible, tried it for many times and wasn't able to fit it to the character. If it doesn't work this product unfortunately is not useable for my figures.

SofaCitizen said:

"for Genesis" means "Genesis 1". Obviously way back then, when there was only one version, it didn't need the number appended to the end. It is tagged as "G1" under the thumbnail in the catalogue page.

However, as Richard has said, if you make sure the figure is selected when you load the asset it should open an Autofit dialog to try and make the asset work for the newer figure. I think I have only dipped back into G3 assets so I don't have experience of autofitting assets that old to newer figures myself.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

dominik411 said:

Ok, thank you. I'll try to find out if there are any autofit options as soon as possible, tried it for many times and wasn't able to fit it to the character. If it doesn't work this product unfortunately is not useable for my figures.

The autofit should popup automatically when you try to load it onto the figure. I use it quite often myself as I have some G3 stuff I use on G8 and G9 figures.

However, if you are new it might be best to try and stick to products that specifically list that they are for Genesis 8 (or G8) if you are working with Genesis 8 models until you are a little more confident/experienced with Daz.

• If the item doesn't fit automatically (some older items don't) select it in the Scene pane, the actual figure not one of its bones, and then use the Fit to button in the Parameters pane and select the Genesis 8 figure.