Is there a shortcut or button to reset a tree of parameters?

RafaelRafael Posts: 133
edited March 2023 in New Users

Take for example a hand that is a fist. Is there one option, instead of going finger by finger, to reset the position of only the hand?

On Daz Studio.

Post edited by Rafael on

Comments

• I'm glad you asked this because I did not know until I experimented. The answer is yes, if you highlight EVERYTHING you want to reset and then go into Edit > Figure > Restore > Restore Selected Items.

You have to highlight everything, though, because if you only highlight -- for example -- "Right hand", then only the hand will reset, but the fingers will stay curled in the fist position. Only by going through and highlighting right carpal 1, right index 1, right index 2, etc will the respective fingers reset.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406
    edited March 2023

Previously, I was highlighting the Root node > Right Click Select Children > then going to top Left of viewport (the little man icon), and restore selected

If you get the Scene Tools product from the Daz3d store, they have a reset one-click option. Where you select the node, then click the button and it resets everything recursively from the root node.  (I like these Scene Tools options, but the reset button was messing up my Timeline once when i used it once, but not sure if that was my user error).

I think Mada had a thread where she shared her custom action buttons too - so could maybe set this up yourslf if dont want to buy it.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • RafaelRafael Posts: 133

Thank you both for answering.

I will explore the methods you mentioned.