Legality issues for Dummies

I am completely new here. Yes, I have tried multiple searches and have read the agreement pages in accordance with licensing but I am looking for a straight and clear answer...

I understand that if a product has a license fee I can use it in a game design. That is fine. However, I can't find good information on "Game Developer License".

Is this in conjunction of/or seperate from individual product licensing(s)?

I am quickly developing and would like to release on Steam or through Patreon without fear of lawsuit.

Many thanks for any and all help. . .

Comments

• The Game Developer Licenses were a previous system for handling the issue, they were per content creator rather than per item (but varied in how many items they covnered). People who have one of those will still be able to use them, subject to the original limitations, so they are still covered in the terms but they have been replaced for new purchases by the Interactive Licenses.

• That explains it. . .Thank you.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

Also keep in mind that the interactive license only covers using the items in an original game developed by you. Mods to existing games are not allowed. I only bring this up since I see lots of DAZ items posted as mods to games I use and I have to report them and they get angry saying they bought the interactive license.