Download Speeds for the Daz Store

2»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will look into this but I think my Pipeline caches my downloads on the fly so it can deliver files at a steady high speed when possible. It is very possible my service is the cause of my clocked speeds.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Remember that your line speed is in bits per second, but the download speed is in bytes per second - so you need to divide the line speed by 8, and probably knock some more off for housekeeping tasks. I have a similar line speed to you, and the best download speed I get anywhere is about 800KB/s - DAZ is usually close to that.

that's what i usually get with DAZ - and ONLY DAZ. Download speeds for me are the best here, although I noticed in the last couple of days that I was getting about half that lately. Don't know what was going on, whether it was a lot of traffic on the site or it was us.

Other sites I get something pitiful like 200 kb/s - and rendo is even worse.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,893
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

Other sites I get something pitiful like 200 kb/s - and rendo is even worse.

I usually get about 475 KB/s from Rendo. It's rare that it goes below that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well I'm with Jaki on this, I get speeds at rendo which vary from 113kb/s downwards. So it seems it is not only Daz where different people see a different result.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,893
    edited December 1969

Well in many cases it can probably be explained by bottlenecks on the route from DAZ to the customer, but in my case I had those 2.2 MB/s most of the time on the old server, right until they introduced the new store. After that I've never had more than those 1.2 MB/s, and AFAIR it was even less in the beginning, like 4-600 KB/s.

Anyone else who have experienced the same?