Need help with dforce hair being way too thin on the top

Both of these dforce hairs I purchased are way too thin on the top, with their scalps clearly visible in both. Anyone know why this is happening?

Capture.JPG
1920 x 1040 - 244K
Capture2.JPG
1920 x 1040 - 239K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

How do they look in a full render?

• nutkrakernutkraker Posts: 17

Gordig said:

How do they look in a full render?

Wow they won't even let me render with them! I didn't bother trying to render them before because of how they looked in the view port. But I just tried with both right now and it said there was a problem with the render for both. I even tried in a new scene with just the base model and the hair and it still ran into an error.

What error?

Gordig said:

What error?

Either it just crashes trying to render it, or I get an error pop up window (1st attachment). 

But after some messing around I did find this setting that comes with the fringe hair (2nd attachment ). With it applied to the hair, I was actually able to render it out (3rd attachment). And once rendered out, it does in fact seem to fix the thin hair issue. So that's definitely a win there.

Problem is, I'm still not able to render the curly hair one, and unfortunately that hair doesn't have the setting which allowed me to render out the other one. I even tried using the setting from the other hair on the curly hair, but not surpisingly that didn't end up working.

Capture3.JPG
    168 x 95 - 12K
    Capture4.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 284K
    Capture5.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

What are your system specs?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

16gb RAM

16GB of RAM is a little sparse, but at least you're not rendering on a complete potato. You might want to check out Chevybabe's own thread to see if you can find the answer there, or ask her yourself.

Gordig said:

16GB of RAM is a little sparse, but at least you're not rendering on a complete potato. You might want to check out Chevybabe's own thread to see if you can find the answer there, or ask her yourself.

Thank you for the link, bunch of useful information about all the hair settings I was wondering about.

But I was actually able to fix the problem with some of my own troubleshooting late last night. Lowering the render line tesselation sides setting, under the hairs parameters, allowed me to render it out. Thanks for the tip on actually trying to render it though, that's what led me to fixing the issue yes

Capture5.JPG
    1919 x 1015 - 332K