How can i possibly correct my lighting/translucency issue?

anthonycjohn448anthonycjohn448 Posts: 2
edited April 2023 in New Users

I have my two models in the architectural shader so that i can allow transparency in order for the heart to illuminate through the skin. The hearts are in iray uber base so that i could allow them to be self lighting. The hearts are downloaded content. I will attach a image. I am basically trying to retain the characteristics of the heart and make them have a glow in these colors but they just look flat and bland. This has been driving me nuts, any help would be massively appreciated. 

v4-internal-organs-3.jpg
500 x 650 - 94K
tyutgq.jpg
510 x 343 - 30K
Post edited by anthonycjohn448 on

Comments

• Please adjust your image (by cropping or clothing) to comply with the ToS Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity  - a back view of one character would probably suffice.

That is going to be quite challenging I think - you need to keep the light level down, and possibly modulate it more by the surface colour (apply the base colour to the Emissive colour). Even then, having them visible through the body will be tricky - I think it would be more practical to blend two renders.

• anthonycjohn448anthonycjohn448 Posts: 2
    edited April 2023

Thank you, i think i have already tried your options apart from the last one. What does blending two seperate renders entail? Also, in the image of the downloaded content i uploaded, how do i achieve the same texture and overall look from the image, sorry if i am asking too many questions.

Post edited by anthonycjohn448 on
  • Those are the Victoria 4 internal orgsns, which I assume you purchased here, and they will have been rendered in 3delight in Daz Studio or even in Poser.

Do a render of the hearts, with everything else hidden, do a render of the figures, lit as you wish. plonk one on top of the other in an image editor and selectively erase/mask the top one to let the bottom one show through.

• Thank you very much, i will give that a go.

• You might even want to sandwich the ehart between two copies of the main figure render, then softly remove the top layer and possibly fade the ehart layer in part by erasure/mask or wholly with opacity.

• i think i am going to have to go with your other advice, render the hearts seperate to the bodies then merge them. Looks like i'm going to have to give photoshop a bash. Thanks for your help.