How do I permanently turn off ALL parameter limits when I pose? Not just rotation but everything.

Jason89Jason89 Posts: 9
edited May 2023 in New Users

I need all parameter limits to be off for all eternity, until the heat death of the universe. The limits are waaay to conservative. Much of the posing I am doing, I can do in real life and I cannot get anywhere near what I need in DAZ because of the absurd limits. I know I can Eddit>Figure>Limits>Limits Off (Rotation) but I need Bend, Side-Side, Front-Back, and Twist as well to be off in one fell swoop. Only way I can do those is to manually click their little setting cog wheel and click parameter settings and uncheck the "Use Limits" box for EACH part of the figures body, for each twist bend and rotation, front back, etc. Its tedious and wasting time. 

I saw a few old posts from older versions of Daz Studios on how to do exactly what I am asking but they dont work as DAZ Studio 4.21 (or some earlier version since) has removed the users ability for whatever reason to swiftly and completely remove limits. 

I am a big boy, I can fix my poses if I mess it up and they look goofy (which is something I may even want!) I dont need hand holding. I mean I can already do it, but I need to have it done fast and easy. 

Someone please tell me there is a way to do this? A lot of combat poses I am doing do not work with limits and to turn each limit off all the time each time is soul crushing. 

Post edited by Jason89 on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,882

You can press ctrl while applying a pose to open the Pose Preset dialog, here there is a Turn Off Limits option and set Prefered Options on the Preferences tab, but I don't know if that turns off all pose parameter limits.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473

Jason89 said:

I need [all tansform limits] them to be off for all eternity, until the heat death of the universe. The limits are waaay to conservative. Much of the posing I am doing, I can do in real life and I cannot get anywhere near what I need in DAZ because of the absurd limits. I know I can Eddit>Figure>Limits>Limits Off (Rotation) but I need Bend, Side-Side, Front-Back, and Twist as well to be off in one fell swoop. Only way I can do those is to manually click their little setting cog wheel and click parameter settings and uncheck the "Use Limits" box for EACH part of the figures body, for each twist bend and rotation, front back, etc. Its tedious and wasting time. 

The something is wrong - those are all rotations.

I saw a few old posts from older versions of Daz Studios on how to do exactly what I am asking but they dont work as DAZ Studio 4.21 (or some earlier version since) has removed the users ability for whatever reason to swiftly and completely remove limits. 

What was the suggested method? I am not aware of any chnages that would be likely to cause breakage.

I am a big boy, I can fix my poses if I mess it up and they look goofy (which is something I may even want!) I dont need hand holding. I mean I can already do it, but I need to have it done fast and easy. 

Someone please tell me there is a way to do this? A lot of combat poses I am doing do not work with limits and to turn each limit off all the time each time is soul crushing. 

Turn off limits and save a character preset, use that to load the figure (then if you want a character apply its shaping and materialsd presets rather than using its character preset).

• Jason89Jason89 Posts: 9
    edited May 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Jason89 said:

I need [all tansform limits] them to be off for all eternity, until the heat death of the universe. The limits are waaay to conservative. Much of the posing I am doing, I can do in real life and I cannot get anywhere near what I need in DAZ because of the absurd limits. I know I can Eddit>Figure>Limits>Limits Off (Rotation) but I need Bend, Side-Side, Front-Back, and Twist as well to be off in one fell swoop. Only way I can do those is to manually click their little setting cog wheel and click parameter settings and uncheck the "Use Limits" box for EACH part of the figures body, for each twist bend and rotation, front back, etc. Its tedious and wasting time. 

The something is wrong - those are all rotations.

What was the suggested method? I am not aware of any chnages that would be likely to cause breakage.

Turn off limits and save a character preset, use that to load the figure (then if you want a character apply its shaping and materialsd presets rather than using its character preset).

This post from 2016 was one I had hopes for. The post by Lizza_XYZ. It only half works for me.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/73151/how-i-can-turn-all-the-limits-off

The problem is while this does make things a bit faster (I can now select Twist Side-Side, and Bend and disable all 3 at once) its still limited to just the thing selected. So for the thigh or hand, I can disable all 3, then repeat for each hand, thigh, finger, etc. Its very slow and tedious but a bit faster as I do not have to disable Twist, then, Side-Side, then Bend, or Front-Back for the shoulder. 

I will probably have to set up a character preset for Male/Female G8 G8.1 G9 and so on as you said (great idea btw) But its a little annoying that the disable all limits in Edit>>>Figure>>>Limits>>>Limits Off (Rotation) doesnt actually turn off limits for the majority of the Figure still forcing me to do each single part and category one by one. 

Is there a way to save 1 character preset with everything turned off, and load those settings on another figure? For example I just disabled everything for a G8.1 Male, can I load those presets into a G8.1 Female or G8 Male? Or do I need to go through everything single item and disable everything again?

Post edited by Jason89 on

Select the hip, right-click on it in the Scene pane and select Expand>Expand from Selected, scroll down to the end of the bone list and shift-click on the last bone - that should select all. Then do Edit>Figure>Limits>Limits Off.00000000000000 I don't know why this is necessary, though.

Richard Haseltine said:

Select the hip, right-click on it in the Scene pane and select Expand>Expand from Selected, scroll down to the end of the bone list and shift-click on the last bone - that should select all. Then do Edit>Figure>Limits>Limits Off.00000000000000 I don't know why this is necessary, though.

This worked perfectly. Thank you. It may not be necessary for most people but for what I am trying to do, the limits are way to low and the default method to disable limits do not apply to most of the figure, and disabling each part that failed to get its limits disabled with the usual method is insanely time consuming and annoying. Anyway thank you, it worked perfectly. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

You can avoid having to expand the hierarchy by right-clicking the top node and Select -> Select Children (the top node must be selected first, not just a right-click on an unselected node, otherwise you do not get the option to Select Children). (This feature seems relatively new, or I had not noticed it until recently). Then turn off limits. A couple of clicks faster, and no Scene tab clutter.

NorthOf45 said:

You can avoid having to expand the hierarchy by right-clicking the top node and Select -> Select Children (the top node must be selected first, not just a right-click on an unselected node, otherwise you do not get the option to Select Children). (This feature seems relatively new, or I had not noticed it until recently). Then turn off limits. A couple of clicks faster, and no Scene tab clutter.

Thats a good tip, Ill try it tomorrow when I load up Daz again. Thank you so much.

edited May 2023

Try this - select the figue, go to the menu, but before clicking on Limits Off hold down the ctrl(Win)/command(Mac) key - that should oepn the "cotrnol freak" dialogue, as it does with presets and many scripts (these commands are scripts0. Now in the dialogue set the Nodes to Selected, not Root, and leave everything else alone - that seemed to then propagate correctly through the whole figure. (I wasn't aware that we had the ctrl-click options here until told.)

If you use the Preferences tab of the dialogue to set that as your preferred state then you should be able to do the job by holding down shift when you click the command, saving having to go through the dialogue each time.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

Try this - select the figue, go to the menu, but before clicking on Limits Off hold down the ctrl(Win)/command(Mac) key - that should oepn the "cotrnol freak" dialogue, as it does with presets and many scripts (these commands are scripts0. Now in the dialogue set the Nodes to Selected, not Root, and leave everything else alone - that seemed to then propagate correctly through the whole figure. (I wasn't aware that we had the ctrl-click options here until told.)

If you use the Preferences tab of the dialogue to set that as your preferred state then you should be able to do the job by holding down shift when you click the command, saving having to go through the dialogue each time.

I tried that but I didnt get any control freak dialogue. 

You held the key down (cmd for Mac, ctrl for Windows) as you clicked on the menu command?