Fitting Genesis on Mil horse and saddle?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has anyone had any luck fitting genesis onto the mil horse and western tack saddle?

I just can't seem to get the stirrups to work right,has anyone attempted this and had any success?

Comments

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

First thing to do is to pose the horse, then the rider's overall body.

If you have any horse mounted Gen4 poses you can try using them plus that thing that fixes the messup on the hands and feet when you use Gen4 poses on Genesis.

Failing that, try to find a "straddling chair" pose for Genesis and work from there.

Stirrups are tricky. Start by posing Genesis in the saddle in a way that looks good to you, with the thighs and shins far enough out to minimize clip-through. If you are only going to render the posed figures in a side view, pick a side and don't worry quite so much about the side that won't show. Then worry about the stirrups. For the western saddle, you will need to find the "rFender", "rStirrup", "lFender" and "lStirrup" body parts in the saddle's skeleton. They are under "Abdomen". Use the Y-Scale dial on the fenders (things stirrups hang from) to get the stirrups about level with Genesis's feet, then use the front/back, twist, and in/out dials on the stirrups and fenders in order to position the stirrups plausibly on the character's feet. Be prepared to accept some clip through, so long as it's not visible from your preferred camera angle.

For Reins, find the bodyparts on the bridle labeled "reins"-should be an upper and a lower one. Move them til they look right to you, then move the rider's hands into position. You may have to do some final fiddling on the reins to get them to line up right, but they generally don't have as much range of movement as the hands/arms of Genesis/Gen4, which is why I suggest posing the reins first and getting the hands to match.

Reference photos are your friend, if you are not into horses or movies that feature a lot of riding.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:

If you have any horse mounted Gen4 poses you can try using them plus that thing that fixes the messup on the hands and feet when you use Gen4 poses on Genesis.

Failing that, try to find a "straddling chair" pose for Genesis and work from there.

Stirrups are tricky. Start by posing Genesis in the saddle in a way that looks good to you, with the thighs and shins far enough out to minimize clip-through. If you are only going to render the posed figures in a side view, pick a side and don't worry quite so much about the side that won't show. Then worry about the stirrups. For the western saddle, you will need to find the "rFender", "rStirrup", "lFender" and "lStirrup" body parts in the saddle's skeleton. They are under "Abdomen". Use the Y-Scale dial on the fenders (things stirrups hang from) to get the stirrups about level with Genesis's feet, then use the front/back, twist, and in/out dials on the stirrups and fenders in order to position the stirrups plausibly on the character's feet. Be prepared to accept some clip through, so long as it's not visible from your preferred camera angle.

For Reins, find the bodyparts on the bridle labeled "reins"-should be an upper and a lower one. Move them til they look right to you, then move the rider's hands into position. You may have to do some final fiddling on the reins to get them to line up right, but they generally don't have as much range of movement as the hands/arms of Genesis/Gen4, which is why I suggest posing the reins first and getting the hands to match.

Reference photos are your friend, if you are not into horses or movies that feature a lot of riding.

Thanks ODA! That's a great suggestion, and I'm copying this down to use later.

What is the thing that fixes up hands and feet of genesis? IS it a script.

You've been very helfpul, thanks!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:

Thanks ODA! That's a great suggestion, and I'm copying this down to use later.

What is the thing that fixes up hands and feet of genesis? IS it a script.

You've been very helfpul, thanks!

Adamr001's script, although DS 4.5 fixes the problem so it is no longer needed.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

SereneNight-it's a script available here:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170864

Glad to be of assistance-mounted equestrian poses drive me nuts but I have a soft spot for those Old World "mounted leader" poses and western movies, so I keep trying. :D