The sign like a chain over the "scale" slider - I'm still how exactly it works

The sign like a chain over the "scale" slider - I'm still how exactly it works. It's supposed to lock the scale slider... but I stil don't know when it's  "locked" and when "unlocked". And the padlock near it behaves weird for me too - sometimes the model returns to 100% no matter if the padlock is locked, and not only this - sometimes the model (G8) returns to 100% - BUT is higher than the base G8 model at 100%.

Please someone to enlight me.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468

That is the link icon - when open it temporarily suspends any links from other properties, so what you get is just the local value on the slider. Of coruse if there are no links (no Controllers in the parameter Settings dialogue, which you open from the gear icon) then it has no effect. The padlock is the lock icon. If the figure is not scaled there may be some other factor, such as a Legs Length parameter.

• Richard Haseltine said:

That is the link icon - when open it temporarily suspends any links from other properties, so what you get is just the local value on the slider. Of coruse if there are no links (no Controllers in the parameter Settings dialogue, which you open from the gear icon) then it has no effect. The padlock is the lock icon. If the figure is not scaled there may be some other factor, such as a Legs Length parameter.

I know it sounds silly but I cannot understand which position of the link icon is locked and vica versa.

Open means no links are active, continuous means links (if there are any) are active.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Images

slide parameters options.png
    1600 x 895 - 50K
  • rosseliani said:

Images

Thanks! that's exactly what wanted to know.

• rosseliani said:

Images

Another question please:

I noticed the "link active" setting prevents posing of the feet from pose presets, including from zeroing the feet poses (but zeroing the whole model works)?

handel_035c4ce6 said:

rosseliani said:

Images

Another question please:

I noticed the "link active" setting prevents posing of the feet from pose presets, including from zeroing the feet poses (but zeroing the whole model works)?

Probably the feet are being controlled from a Pose Control on the figure node then, and that is overriding the local settings (if the bends are already at their limits).