Anatomical Materials for G9 Male

tomnf12tomnf12 Posts: 0

I noticed that there is no G9 anatomical materials for the base skins. One of the base skins I'm using on G9 is from Michael 8.1. Is there a way I can remap it and place it on the element because it has completely stalled out a project. 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited May 2023
    SNAG-2023-5-19-0005.png
    861 x 132 - 18K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

crosswind said:

Pls check the note:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-starter-essentials-expansion

Does not include materials for the skins included in the Essentials. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473

crosswind said:

Pls check the note:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-starter-essentials-expansion

Where are you seeing that? All I see is "Includes geometry for anatomical elements. Textures are not included in this product and are provided by certain character products." which has the opposite meaning.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

HO~ Sorry, my bad ~~ I just asked the OP to check the note in the product surprise

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited May 2023

crosswind said:

HO~ Sorry, my bad ~~ I just asked the OP to check the note in the product surprise

And the notes in "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Expansion" which you linked to, says;
    "Includes geometry for anatomical elements. Textures are not included in this product and are provided by certain character products."

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

tomnf12 said:

I noticed that there is no G9 anatomical materials for the base skins. One of the base skins I'm using on G9 is from Michael 8.1. Is there a way I can remap it and place it on the element because it has completely stalled out a project. 

Generally speaking... if you want useful anatomy for your Genesis characters, male or female alike, then you're probably better off looking for "adult 3D marketplaces" that also sell Daz Studio assets.

Thing is... anatomy has always been a little "specific". While Daz 3D provides anatomy elements there are no guarantees that any figures you buy on the marketplace will provide textures for these. In fact.. you mention base models but even Genesis base models do not provide any anatomy textures:

• Add a basic Genesis 8 female model to your scene.
    • With "Genesis 8 female" selected open your Surfaces pane, then go to: Genesis 8 Female => Surfaces => Torso.
    • Click on the small arrow icon on the left side of the "Base color" property (if you hover your mouse over it you'll see a preview).
    • In the now shown menu click: "Browse...".

Your OS file manager should now open and you'll see all the available textures for the Genesis 8 female base model. You'll notice the lack of any "gens" textures. So... this has never been a thing.

Now, I feel the need to add a disclaimer here... I'm often eager to point to "external places" for the "naughty bits" but I do want to stress out that I think that the assets which Daz 3D does provide are also more than suitable for general realistic posing. I have several Pro bundles and therefor official anatomy items for pretty much every Genesis generation, I also have several characters that provide textures for these. And these are honestly really useful for general posing. Figured I'd add...   ... and you could always consider to do some manual retexturing ;)

Anyway, hope this could help!