My first render

I've been using DS for only a week now.  I would like to be able to make the string on her bow moveable in order to make more action shots of her about to shoot an arrow. Also, I tried to parent the bow to her hand so it would stay fixed and I wouldn't have to move it around for every pose, but it didn't work. Also notice I pointed the arrow the wrong way because it was hard to see in texture view!   Any other feedback would be appreciated as well.

EB9D3233-4FBD-4D06-AC4B-12A9448F3D60.jpeg
3000 x 2250 - 1M

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473

That depends on the bow. Switch the Viewport to a mode that shows the edges of the underlying mesh (e.g. Wire Shaded - use the spehere icon in the Viewport cotnrols at top-right, next to the button that shows the current camera or view) and look to see if the string is a single cylinder of polygons or if it is broken by horizontal loops of edges. If it is broken up your could add a dFormer (Create menu with the bow selected, ideally in its zero position) and adjust the Field node so that it encloses the string but doesn't touch the more solid parts of the bow (unless you want to physically bends the bow too, but that can be a bit trickier). If you then translate the actual dForm node, parented to the base, back it will pull the string back - more sharply in the middle than at the ends. You can then use the Spawn Morph button in the dForm pane, with the bow selected, to create a morph that you can use wherever the bow is in the scene without needing the dForm attached.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

If the bow is a prop,  you can usually drag the prop in the scene tree,  and parent it to the right hand.  If it is not a prop, you can save it as one, and then use the new version for your purposes.

The render itself has a good sense of action,  but could benefit from a lot more lights.  Try placing a spotlight above her head pointed down,  and from the Left side pointed towards torso.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

If you let us know where the bow is from we could have a look to see if it has drawstring options..

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited May 2023

hansen19084004 said:

Also notice I pointed the arrow the wrong way because it was hard to see in texture view! 

In Texture Shaded view mode you can use Ctrl+L to add light.

Post edited by rosseliani on