No shader presets in Daz Studio

Hi guys.

I have only recently started using Daz and have noticed on a lot of the forums people are talking about using Iray presets and material presets but on mine there are none listed under the presets tab in surfaces, are there supposed to be some packaged with Daz or do they all have to be purchased as I have saw some on the store?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468

Is anything listed in the Presets tab? What about Smart Content, or the Categories and Products containers in the Content Library? Do you have a model and a surface on the model selected?

• bart203040bart203040 Posts: 10

Yeah I have a surface selected, nothing at all appears in the presets tab, although if I deselect the 'filter by context' box I get a few material presets related to the models like hair colours and clothes etc. Oh hang on, I just found them in the content library, I honestly though I had already searched there. Is there a way to get them to show up in the presets tab?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468

You have both the node and the surface selected? With Filter By Context on both are required for (most) shader presets.

• bart203040bart203040 Posts: 10

Yeah both selected and nothing showing in the presets, I can just use them from the content library though that seems to be working fine for me, thanks for your help anyway