Is there an easy way to import a complete scene (multiple objects) into daz?

DissendiorDissendior Posts: 117

This is my first attempt to create a scene in Blender and using it in Daz - so please bear with me if I overwatch something basic. I've created a scene in Blender (a room with a sofa and some more interior) as I am more familiar with Blender for things like that. Then I wanted to import this scene as a whole into Daz. I've tried it in three ways: exporting everything from Blender as OBJ, COLLADA (DAE) and FBX and then importing this three different formats into Daz. With OBJ the whole scene becomes one big object, with Collada and FBX every object in the scene keeps being an individual object in Daz after import which - I found out - is what it is. But both remaining ways(FBX ( collada) lead to some other troubles:

• FBX: all items are misplaced heavily. I applied all transforms in Blender before export as FBX but nothing helps: when importing the FBX most of the objects in the scene are not visible because they are placed somewhere in the nirvana of the 3d space.
  • the most promising result comes with collada/dae: all objects are seperated objects and they are placed in 3d space like in Blender. But some of the objects are missing there textures totally (I've not figured out what may be the difference between those which are imported with texture and those without) and the ones which still have their texture seems to have the wrong shaders (as I think in my basic knowledge of daz): When I go to "Surface" I see the base color map applied to "Diffuse color" which confuses me as with Daz models I know I have "Base color" as a choice and some other configurations - I don't have them here. I get these configurations and the base color setting when I choose the surface and then go to my content library and apply the "!Iray uber base" shader... which leads me to the theory that it is not an iray shader?! (although in my render settings I have iray set and I've read that then imported object get iray shaders?!)

So my question is: is there a way to "mass-import" objects of a scene into daz and to assure that a) iray compatible shaders are created for all objects and b) that the normal maps, specular maps etc. are applied to the corresponding configurations of the shader?

Comments

• My experience: Having attempted what you have before multiple times in 5 years, I've found the following free tools to help a lot:

Blender Batch Export OBJ, which you can find on GitHub, and

LoadManyOBJ by mcasualjacques for DAZ Studio.

Google both, and that should make doing what you do easier.

Make sure to follow the instructions to the letter; don't skim, so you don't mess up. Plug-ins and scripts have a tendency to go awry if you miss even the tiniest instructions.

Peace.