Best place to commission a new model

I'm wondering if there's a site, or perhaps a space here in these forums, to commission some Daz work? I'm trying to create a figure from some old photos, none of which have the right quality or angles to use any face creator software. It would have to be done by hand and my fledgling skills don't seem to be up to the task. 

I tried hiring various folks on fiverr.com, but it turned out that was a waste of time, no one seemed to understand that I don't have the pictures necessary for face transfer to work (or I'd have done it myself) and one guy actually tried to sucker me into sending him cash via PayPal. So I'm hoping to find a site with decent and skilled folks who have experience building from scratch. 

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265

Might want to check out Tritiumcg: https://www.deviantart.com/tritiumcg/gallery/67331252/daz-studio-freebies

She does commissions.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

You can also try 3DUniverse: 

https://www.3duniverse.co.za/commissions

He's done some very good non-toon modelling (you can see in a couple of his samples of commissioned work on the page above).

-- Walt Sterdan

• You know, there are low-cost AI tools out now that can transform photographs of heads at many different angles and with many different expressions into head-shot photographs that one can use in a face generator app like FaceGen Artist Pro for DAZ Studio.

Hi. I'm a veteran DAZ Studio user (5 years running), but I'm super-new to this forum, and I couldn't help but share my knowledge of how I work with the latest tools to get the results you want.

For example, I just discovered an app on my phone called "Magic AI Avatars," in which one uploads six photos, old or new, and then the app generates some 30-plus categories each with 8 generated pictures of the subject in the 6 input pictures. It costs $4.80 for a sesseion, if I'm not mistaken.

I pick one that looks like it could do well when transferred to a Genesis figure as a head shape in DAZ Studio (and there are plenty to choose from), enhance and finalize in another AI tool on the phone called FaceApp (5 bucks plus tax per month), or else in Magic AI Avatars, which I just realized could do it, too:

Next G8M Character

And then, put that through FaceGen Artist Pro for DAZ Studio, do some stuff to G8M (my chosen Genesis) in DAZ, and soon enough, I have a 3D version of whatever headshot was in the photo:

Clay Stoneburner 01

Clay Stoneburner 02

Clay Stoneburner 03

Clay Stoneburner 04

Now, keep in mind this was just a demo of me making a head, nothing more, so a pro artist could do a whole lot more than what I just did for the right price.

By the way, this took a couple of hours to ge this far.

Admin: Please let me know if I violated any rules posting this.