Released* Line Zero dForce Strand Hair Shaders

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,037

Lady Littlefox has dForce Lexi Hair for G8F with line tessellation in parameters.

Well I have no idea who the PA was beyond Daz Originals, but Big Boss Hair and Beard for Underbelly is strand and dForce. And the 'HeadHair' fit on G8.1F okay.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

chevybabe25 said:

I believe Neftis does fibermesh- the shaders will work on the hair itself, but it wont reduce any weight.

CakeOne Spiky Short Hair :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724
    edited June 2023

Here is a SBH from Mihrelle. I like the shade of red your product has

redheadd2.jpg
    1008 x 849 - 934K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,250

Very nice Michael!!

*updated the list to add all the vendors you guys have mentioned. at some point ill transfer it to the front page of this thread so you guys can find it if you need it*

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973
    edited June 2023

memcneil70 said:

Ah, okay. Still, the colors are nice.

I found Vyusur has dForce Casual Hair and Beard for G8M, and the hair fitted nicely on G8.1F and is strand based. While Vyusur is not in the store right now, their products may be in a lot of runtimes. Checked Zeus, dForce hair with 'Line Tessellations' in Parameters.

Edit to add: Doesn't seem to change the fur though. Sigh.

It changes Zeus's fur, but not his skin texture. That is probably what you see showing through.

Zeus purple dForce hair.png
    896 x 1093 - 871K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited June 2023

Here's a brunette Zeus. I deleted his skin texture and just make it solid brown.

Maybe Richard got a dye job? laugh

Brown Zeus_Default Camera.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 293K
    edited June 2023

Here is a blonde Zeus. I used the Siberian skin uinder the dForce hair. I played around with the frizz and clumping settings in Surfaces.

Maybe Richard got a bleach job? laugh

Blonde Zeus Siberian Skin.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 330K

Wow, nice job on the cats barbult! Do you notice it being less resource heavy using the new shaders?

FSMCDesigns said:

Wow, nice job on the cats barbult! Do you notice it being less resource heavy using the new shaders?

I haven't really measured any statistics. The zero tessellation Iray curves have been available (at least in the DS beta) for quite a long time. I have used them in the past to reduce resource usage and render successfully when I couldn't render at tessellation 3. So, I'd say yes. The problem has been that the Daz supplied Blended Dual Lobe Hair shader runs the UV the right direction for normal dForce hair, but the wrong direction for the newer Iray curves. That made the root/tip controls not work correctly and the gloss, etc. was off, too. This Line Zero shader addresses those shortcomings and makes the Iray curves much more accessible for users.

edited June 2023

Brunette Zeus and Blonde Zeus look a little strange. Here is Gray Zeus. He looks a little more like a normal cat color. He is sitting on one of esha's Fluffy Rugs. It also uses a custom shader for dForce "hair".

Gray Zeus used the Sphynx skin under the fur. Well, I think that is enough cats from me for today.

Gray Zeus_001_Default Camera.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 504K
    edited June 2023

One more render with Neroli Hair. (no cats!)

I'm pleasantly surprised that upload is working, so I am flooding the fourm with renders.

Thimor Mix Neroli Hair_001_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    edited June 2023

One more before bed. Lexi hair using the two tone tip option, brunette and black. I added a ton of SBH products to my wishlist, LOL

sherihair.jpg
    829 x 849 - 687K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

WOW these all look great!!!! Im glad you are enjoying these!!heart

This one surprised me, by WillDupre, although MAB is listed also on the outfit; Ali Baba dForce Clothing and Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s). The hair and bangs have varied styles and dForce settings and is strand based. It comes with four colors, so if used the shader pack would be helpful to expand it.

And the hair fit without issue on G8.1F with the new auto-fit program now. I am also finding older hair that used to loose its morphs before now have them when auto-fit.

edited June 2023

The AntFarm's Battle Boar has strand based hair.

Added to note: And it seems Daz Originals' Baxter the English Bulldog for Dog 8 had dForce strand based hair also. But for him, @barbult's treatment of Zeus might have to be used. 

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 489

So a bit of a weird question; How much can you play with the settings to still work as a zero tesselation shader?`Are there settings you should not touch in this shader, lest you lose its effect?

The only setting that you can't really play with on surfaces is the fiber uv option on.  This is the important one that rotates the shader correctly.

Glossy Layered Weight is also kinda... funky.  The Lower the number that is, the darker the shader will get.  

edited June 2023

This is MRL Long Morphing Hair. I changed the line widths to be drastically smaller, because the original hair settings looked like straw to me. This uses a Line Zero brunette base and blonde tip color.

MRL Long Morphing Hair_002.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited June 2023

Oh I had so much fun with this!!  I had to make myself quit playing with different settings and finish the render.  

Used on HM Lyanna Hair 

(Artistic version in the gallery)

PurpleTealTM06222023.jpg
    2500 x 1898 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060

I am not ready to buy it yet as I don't use strandbased hair a lot but when I do I would be interested to see how it looks on people's homebrew non Dforce Strandbased hair editor hairs

if anyone still makes those wink

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 489

chevybabe25 said:

The only setting that you can't really play with on surfaces is the fiber uv option on.  This is the important one that rotates the shader correctly.

Glossy Layered Weight is also kinda... funky.  The Lower the number that is, the darker the shader will get.  

Thank you, that is good to know since I do like playing with the settings. Enjoy a Varg render.

0 vargy.png
    888 x 888 - 1M

Eboshijaana said:

chevybabe25 said:

Thank you, that is good to know since I do like playing with the settings. Enjoy a Varg render.

Ewww how ugly! yes Well done.

WOW!!! These all look so great!!! Thank you so much for sharing everyone!!!heartheartheart

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,968

You want to keep glossy weight at 1 and cutout at 1.

Iray curves doesn't properly have volume because they aren't 'true' geometry.

Glossy weight below 1 shifts to using transmission ... which doesn't work so functions as black.

Bug Report: The Line Zero Raven Black  in the Tip Colors category changes the base color as well as the tip color.

edited June 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am not ready to buy it yet as I don't use strandbased hair a lot but when I do I would be interested to see how it looks on people's homebrew non Dforce Strandbased hair editor hairs

Here is the Line Zero shader on a strand-based hair I made for G8 soon after the SBH editor was released. I call this Alexandra's High School Senior Picture.

Alexandra 8 HD Strand Based Hair_004_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Here is the Line Zero shader on a strand-based hair I made for G8 soon after the SBH editor was released. I call this Alexandra's High School Senior Picture.

that looks very good but of course I don't know if that's because the hair does anyway wink

(mine tend to be a tad sparse or wirey compared to LAMH) 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337

Cannot find any SBH hair so far, after so many conversions of hair from G8 to G9.

edited June 2023

Artini, I have posted a list at the beginning of this thread with Vendors that make SBH.

Bug Report: The Line Zero Raven Black  in the Tip Colors category changes the base color as well as the tip color.

Thanks Barbult for catching that. I'll let them know I need an update.

Post edited by chevybabe25 on