DAz Studio 4.5 official release and something I did not get here

MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I updated and installed fresh 4.5 last build from the store so not beta version
when I look in the view port everything looks as it should with the clothing
but after I hit the render button the smooth modifier does not show up and everything looks like in old cr2 Poser4 style clothing

when I use the Interactive Update ON by each of the clothing everything render as it should without problem
so what is going on .. why it does not render the correct way as show in the preview .
I wish there was one button for all the Interactive Updates as for example calculate all clothing before rendering and not individual for each figure , it was not this way in the last build so maybe I am missing something ..

if I don't use the Interactive update not one of the rigged clothing looks right , not mine not from others .

thanks

Cath

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Hard to say, without seeing the scene. I'd file a bug report and attach the scene. Things work for me whenever I set Enable Smoothing to On, but I'm on Win 32 bits and I'm testing very simple scenes.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

I have 64 bit , well the first thing working now after reboot but only one thing that does not render smoothing until the Interactive Updates are on is the sport rendering does not do that , I don't think screen will be needed as everyone can pose the figure when clothing is on and try the spot rendering tool and see that it does not render the smoothing as it show in preview , the regular rendering is fine as well and works without problems

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited August 2012

Can't replicate with Renaissance Male Clothing. Are you using Base Shape Matching or Generic? Generic seems to work a lot less for the clothing I used for my tests, but it still works even with the spot tool selected. I'd do a bug report and mark it private if it's something that can't be shown.

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

no matter what I use the spot rendering do not render the smooth modifier in action , another thing what happen today DS 4.5 used 100GB of temporary file for simple render of a t-shirt , loading for each pixel over and over again textures until it finished I had to remove the temporary files manually , after that was all ok , just little bug that pop out and go ... but 100GB ? wow that was crazy , sometimes 3Delight do it but not always loading texture for each rendered pixel

ReDave said:
    Can't replicate with Renaissance Male Clothing. Are you using Base Shape Matching or Generic? Generic seems to work a lot less for the clothing I used for my tests, but it still works even with the spot tool selected. I'd do a bug report and mark it private if it's something that can't be shown.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited August 2012

Do you have progressive rendering on? The high memory usage would happen with that (which is why it isn't good for final renders).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

No I never use progressive rendering it was simple t-shirt rendering in 10 sec , no memory problem the memory was OK , the temporary file was a problem for me , no it is good again , but sometimes it happen when using uber light only the message 3Delight write it
    loading shirt textures
    loading shirt textures
    and 360.000 times the same and it was stored as temporary files , now I tried everything just fine but next time it will pop up again , it is not always ..

I assume it is a bug or malfunction of the render-er as from my side nothing was different as usual

Do you have progressive rendering on? The high memory usage would happen with that (which is why it isn't good for final renders).