Question about eR Auto Breast Animator

Total n00b here, and in fact, this is my very first post, so if I'm not going about this properly, please let me know.

I am interested in the eR Auto Breast Animator add-on from eReal, but I'd like to know if it is compatible with the Breastacular add-on from Meipe.

Has anyone tried this?

The only other thread I've seen about this add-on is that it doesn't work very well. It's not cheap, and I don't want to waste a bunch of money on it if it's not going to work.

Any thoughts on this topic would be much appreciated.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

Not really recommended... I use this script. You may take a look and check the reviews..

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/111905/breastjig-script-for-dazstudio

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
    edited August 23

Since this seems to be the only forum thread on this product, I wanted to pop in and clear something up.

This thing Works. It really works.

I've been using VWD Cloth and Hair version 2's Dynamic Morphs function until I started working with Genesis 9, which I can't seem to get working properly with the aging (and not updated) VWD.

Getting this thing, I tried all three presets and... well... it works.

However, I just used it again - this time varying the parameters quite a bit from any of the presets and it's really working well!

The thing is, I'm sure it works differently depending upon the size of the breasts. Even if not, different sizes and shapes should be using different settings anyway. But more to it, I just don't recall what settings I put where. What I do remember is that I started with the "Bouncy" preset with no bra and, because Rosie 9 is rather dainty, I reduced the weight to 1 (from 2) and changed a few other things.

If you're an animator (why else would you need it?) leave the figure in the default pose at frame 0, then start the animation wherever in the timeline you like - I use 30 as my starting point for most situations.

Then I copy the first pose of the animation back to frame 10. I do this because I'm using dForce hair by Linday, and I like to get the character to that initial pose ASAP, and then let the hair catch up and settle a little before reaching the first frame of the rendered animation (30).

With this setup in place, going from frame 0 to 10 can be a fairly abrupt change - making the perfect situation for testing the e-Real Automatic Breast Animator, because we get that period between frame 10 and 30 to judge how bouncy (or not) they are. That's how I determined that... yeah... there wasn't much happening. I mean... there's movement, but then it abruptly stops.

Ah yes. So for that I reduced the Dampening from 2 to 0

(Image on right from Product Page)

I think I cranked the Frequency Multiplier waaaay up beyond the values of any of the presets - like 20 or something like that. And I also increased the Move Multiplier, but I don't recall how much/

Again, I used that period of time between frames 10 and 30 to see what happens. Since I can clearly see the motion between frame 0 and 10, I have an idea of what I want to see between 10 and 30. So I run the Custom option, make some settings, run the plugin, and watch. Undo, try again.

I'll be better equipped next time and write down my settings so I know what to use - at least what my starting point will be.

Anyways, yeah... I like this thing. It's ultra-fast and easy to use. Better yet... it works great! It just takes a little trial and error to find your favorite settings.

All of that said, the presets do the job. Each of them add movement where none otherwise exists. That makes a Huge difference in animations. Just know that, if you really have a look that you're going for, try looking at all of the values in the presets, make some changes, observe. Take notes! I wish that I did! I will from now on. It might be that certain situations might call for different settings - but I doubt it. I think that once I get the settings for this character, those settings will always work. 

Next stop will be to see what happens when "Bra" is added to the run. Rosie doesn't wear those much, so I haven't tried it. But some of her costumes will do well with such a setting, I think.

Cheers, and I hope this helps others who are looking at this wonderful product.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited August 23

In today's tests, this was the first thing I tried and I like it.

I may tweak these a bit if I feel it's a little too much movement, but it seems to look pretty realistic in the timeline with a nice natural movement.

Again, this is for going bra-less. 

edited August 23

You can see how the Move Multiplier is tripled (which is funny for me because I don't want them going all over the place - but this is a nice setting, I think), there's no dampening (or at least it's set to 0), I've reduced the weight because she's fairly petite, but the biggest change from the promo shot in the earlier post is the frequency Multiplier - which is much higher thatn any of the presets. Much higher.

With these settings, when the character reached the initial pose at frame 10, and rests at that pose until frame 30, there's a nice, natual jiggle that corresponds very nicely with the motion she's just undergone.

Then when the animation begins... yeah. Looks very nice indeed! 

I think that a lot of characters with larger protruberences will do much better with a bit more weight. Say... 2 or so. Play with it - see what works best.

What a great tool! I feel bad that this product seemed (from the initial stage of this thread) to get off with a bad rep. Because I would Totally recommend this over having to export, import, work for a while, export, then import, then try to tweak only to find out that it's not right - so I have to start over.

This thing launches with immediate determination, applies our settings into results Very Quickly, and it's ultimately adjustable for great results.

Kudos eReal! I Love It!!!

eR_BreastAnimatorSettings01.jpg
    308 x 336 - 49K