Issues in serie with the interactive tutorial

Hello,
I'm new to Daz Studio. I installed the software and bought $100 worth of content. I then tried to follow the interactive tutorial to train myself but from the first load, it doesn't work:

"Could not open file: /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf File does not exist".

8.1 doesn't work either. However, I can load an 8 or 8.1 character that I've bought. When I right-click on "Genesis 8 Basic Female" then "Browse to file location...", I see that the duf file exists in the directory and I can load it manually. But I can't continue with the tutorial and then it's the same for each subsequent tutorial (clothing, material...). I have uninstalled/reinstalled "Genesis 8 Female" (via Daz Central) but that doesn't change anything. I have read various posts on the forum about this type of problem but have not found a solution in my case.

For the second tutorial, it is asked to apply "Rocker top" and "Rocker skirt", but I have only "Bardot top" and "Bardot skirt".

Also when manually applying "Flower Skirt.duf" to the Bardot skirt, I have the message "The files listed below could not be found : /data/Mada/Bardot/Bardot Skirt/UV Sets/Mada/Base/default.dsf". This time the file effectively does not exist !

I abandon the tutorial here as the software seems unusable for me. I'm on linux, via Wine. Is this the reason ?

Comments

• So you are installing through Daz Central? Do you allow Daz Studio itself to log in to your account?

• Yes I installed through Daz Central.

I tried both logged and not logged in Daz Studio but it doesnt change anything.

I have not tried to reinstall Daz Studio itself. Would it be something to try ?

• Had you been logged in at some point before posting though? If so try a right-click on one of the problem products and try seelcting Uninstall (if it's an option - if it says Install then this is not the issue).

• Yes I had been logged because I had tested with and without before posting.

From Daz Studio I have neither install or uninstall from the right-click menu on the item. Maybe I'm not understanding the question. I have tried to attach a screenshot of the menu but it's blocked saying "Uploading..." (I tried 3 times). Am I jinxed today?

The menu has 10 items from "Open As New, Merge into scene, to Browse to file location..., Create custom action...

PS : I have Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro (64 bit)

• PS: I just saw that there is an install tab in the left panel in Daz Studio. But the products with the problem are not listed here, just in the smart content tab.

• Finaly I have managed to create a simple scene. But Daz Studio crashes each time I try to render it. I have started again from an empty scene, rendering each time I add something, and it seems that it's the hair (Jeanie Hair) that cannot be rendered. It's a nightmare. I'm stopping for today.

• esthgame_7c2af6bb52 said:

Yes I had been logged because I had tested with and without before posting.

From Daz Studio I have neither install or uninstall from the right-click menu on the item. Maybe I'm not understanding the question. I have tried to attach a screenshot of the menu but it's blocked saying "Uploading..." (I tried 3 times). Am I jinxed today?

The menu has 10 items from "Open As New, Merge into scene, to Browse to file location..., Create custom action...

PS : I have Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro (64 bit)

You need to right-click on the product container - the "folder" under products in the Content Library pane or the product thumbnails in the Products tab of Smart Content. Those commands are the ones you get for a file (within the product container or in a non-product listing).

• Richard Haseltine said:

You need to right-click on the product container - the "folder" under products in the Content Library pane or the product thumbnails in the Products tab of Smart Content. Those commands are the ones you get for a file (within the product container or in a non-product listing).

Thanks Richard for your help. I have found the install menu in Daz Studio and reinstalling solved the problem. I'd be interested to know why the first installation didn't work and why reinstallation via Daz Central didn't correct the problem. But anyway, I'm now more annoyed by the fact that some products (at least one at the moment) cause Daz Studio to crash when rendering...

• So it wasn't installed through Daz Studio and you used the option? That means DS is seeing the files from Daz Central but not loading them even though there are (or were) no Connect files/relics of connect files to confuse it. I suspect theer is soemthing going on that is blockling file acess, which might very well also cause a crash if it interfered mid-process.

• That's right! After "installing" in Daz Studio (althought it was already installed with Daz Central), it seems to work. The conclusion seems to be that it is far better to install from DS than DC (?)

Thanks again for you help Richard !