Which products should I buy for accurate muscle anatomy/deformation and how do I use them?

I’m a digital artist who’s looking to use Daz as a sort of posable mannequin, specifically for drawing muscular male characters. While I’m fine with exaggerating the size of the muscles (in fact, that’s preferred), I’d like to keep the way they move and deform somewhat realistic.

I know this is something that 3d tends to struggle with, but I’ve also seen that Daz has a number of products listed that seem to help with that. But as a total newb to the software, I’d like to avoid buyers regret as much as possible. The information listed on the product pages themselves may be good at indicating the compatibility and usage instructions to people who are already somewhat familiar with the software, but I’m … not, and I don’t want to make the mistake of buying a product only to realize it’s not actually going to work for my intentions.

My goal is to figure out which products would be the best for my needs (especially in regards to being compatible with the same figures, since I know that there are various generations of the base human models) and how to actually use them properly.

Comments