Individual body part posing

Hi,

I am new to daz and have been watching videos of people manually posing their characters. However when i tried to do this myself I can only see the lower body parts for selection. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or if I am missing something.

https://pixl.li/image/dazstudio-eecwegubnv.LGVId3

Sorry if this is a stupid or obvious question,

Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited July 2023

The Pelvis is the lower body, the Abdomen Lower is the start of the upper body. It starts from the hip, and works its way up the trunk and then out along the arms, or down through the pelvis to the legs.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Oh right! thank you for the reply, I understand now

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

We were all new once, IMO it's a lot more stupid not to ask!

In addition to what Richard has already told you I'd like to add a few more (brief) tips regarding manual posting in hopes it can help give you some more ideas...

• You can also pose figures by selecting the part you need directly in your viewport; then either use your parameters pane to adjust values or you can rely on one of the many viewport tools (the universal tool can be extremely useful to start with IMO).
    • In addition: consider enabling the "pose tool" in your viewport; see the viewport menu in the upper right corner (assuming that you're not using docked view controls). This, as well as the "PowerPose" pane, can be of huge help.
    • If you're working with several figures then be sure to look into "groups" as well as "parenting"; both can make it easier to handle multiple figures.
    • And finally: when you have a nice pose you can do several things: save the pose preset so that you can apply it onto the figure later, but you can also consider saving your current figure as a sub-scene. The latter allows you to add it to other scenes, I often use this to "build up" a scene by working on individual pieces so that I don't get too distracted right away. Quick tip: if you keep alt pressed while you drag something into your viewport then you can determine its position within your scene.

Hope this could also help!