Difficult Selecting Elements in Scene?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,623

Does anyone else have this problem? I highlight an item in the scene panel, then click on another. Instead of just highlighting that item, it highlights all items in between. Why is this so finicky?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

Do you have something resting on your shift key?

• That does happen occasionally for me, it has been rproted to Daz but I beleive the issue is reproduciblity. If it always happens for you please open a support ticket as you may make an ideal lab rat for figuring out the root cause.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,623

It's completely eratic and makes it difficult to select one specific things. Another variation is that it will take the previously selected item or items and paret it with the next selected item. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

This issue occasionally happens to me as well and that 'parenting issue' you mentioned. The issue sustains for a long time... I always use Logitech mouse, so I always presume the issue results from Logitech driver... not sure

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493

crosswind said:

This issue occasionally happens to me as well and that 'parenting issue' you mentioned. The issue sustains for a long time... I always use Logitech mouse, so I always presume the issue results from Logitech driver... not sure

Not Logitech. I get the same issues on a MacBook Pro using the built-in trackpad. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

murgatroyd314 said:

crosswind said:

Not Logitech. I get the same issues on a MacBook Pro using the built-in trackpad. 

OK, or more likely the culprit comes from Qt 4 ? ... who knows... The issue has to be investigated by Daz.