Bangs and Braid Attachments & Combining Hair Assets

SalSal Posts: 12
edited July 2023 in New Users

Hi all,

Is there an asset that is just different style bangs that you can use in combination with other hair assets?  Kind of like the 'halo' style bang extensions us humans can get for our hair?

I'm wondering the same for braids - just single braids that you can manipulate and combine with other hair styles?

If not, I found this MEGA Updo Hair and it has some great bang options.  Does anyone know if just the bangs can be used from this in Daz at the same time as other hair styles?

Lastly, to mix two hair styles together or use two+ at the same time in general, do you have to use 'Kitbash3D'?  I'm just a newbie here - so, I admit this is over my head at this time - but, in my searching I saw a PA share that they created a promo primary ad image and combined two hair assets (the above MEGA Updo Hair, with 3-in1 Low Ponytails as the base), but they did it in Kitbash ...

I'm just trying to plan what I may or may not have to invest in as I build my toolkit.

Thank you kindly!

Post edited by Sal on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

Was about to answer this then realised you have another thread on the subject elewhere.

• SalSal Posts: 12

scorpio said:

Was about to answer this then realised you have another thread on the subject elewhere.

Yes, thank you.  My other post is focused on Kitbashing specifically (confirming what it is and if you can do it in Daz), however.

If you happen to know if there are any 'freestanding' bang and/or braid 'extensions/attachments' that can be used in combination with other hair assets - rather than having to 'kitbash' two 'full' hair assets, please feel free to share ...

Also, even if I wanted to delete this post I couldn't because I don't know how.  When I hit the cogwheel my only option is to edit.  If you happen to know how to delete a post feel free to share that as well LOL.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844
    edited July 2023

Sal said:

If you happen to know if there are any 'freestanding' bang and/or braid 'extensions/attachments' that can be used in combination with other hair assets - rather than having to 'kitbash' two 'full' hair assets, please feel free to share ...

Also, even if I wanted to delete this post I couldn't because I don't know how.  When I hit the cogwheel my only option is to edit.  If you happen to know how to delete a post feel free to share that as well LOL.

On the question of freestanding bang and braid hair assets, there are some packs that have mix and match options for itself but none (that I know of) to work with hair created by others. I believe it would be difficult to do that since hair can be created in multiple different ways and so offering it would mean having to anticipate the hair textures, styles, and modeling types (dforce, strand based. polygon based) and have solutions for all of that. That said, for hair that is a bit more kit-bashable you could try something like this: https://www.daz3d.com/updo-of-fantasy-hair-for-genesis-8-and-9

outoftouch: https://www.daz3d.com/outoftouch has a fair few that are sort of bangs and different ends so you could try poking around their store and most of their packs are a bit more kit-bashable (at least with each other) than say some others may be though I am sure there are some others who do hair that may also have similar - I just happen to have some of Out of Touch's products like that. 

As for deleting a post, only the Moderation staff can do that so that is why you can't find the option. 

Hope the above helps smiley

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • SalSal Posts: 12

Thank you smiley