Organizing Scene Content & Assets

Hey all. I'm interested to see if there is a way to better organize scene content. Ideally, I would like to be able to organize scene content using a folder or group like structure in the 'scene' pane (or a similar pane), so that I can group all characters together, all of the building assets together, etc. I would also like to be able to group all of the clothes, poses, props, body, etc. for a character in their respective folders.

I know that Daz Studio 4.21 does provides a grouping function, but from what I have read and watched in video tutorials, this merely binds the assets to the group, where if you move the group in the view port, then all of the assets move together. I was hoping for a non-binding group or folder function, that would help me quickly find, view, and organize charact, environment, and scene content.

Appoligies in advance for any potential incorrect use of Daz Studio terminology.

Comments

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 602
    edited July 2023

I know that Daz Studio 4.21 does provides a grouping function, but from what I have read and watched in video tutorials, this merely binds the assets to the group, where if you move the group in the view port, then all of the assets move together. I was hoping for a non-binding group or folder function, that would help me quickly find, view, and organize charact, environment, and scene content.

Creating a group does allow you to perform functions on all elements of the group at one time but it does not stop you from selecting individual elements of the group and performing functions on just the selected elements.  To explore, create three primitives (I used cubes.) in a scene and place them into one group.  Then, explore what you can do with the entire group and what you can do with just one or two selected elements of the group.

group.jpg
    1197 x 701 - 85K
    Post edited by jjoyner on