Have a couple of problems with Iray.

Hi im a newbie to Daz3d and I have a couple of issues with Iray, first is that my cpu or gpu fans start to go nuts the moment I render or do an Iray preview. I have a 4080, 9900k, 32 gigs of ram and it doesn't do it in gaming at all.

Second, I have a certin model that the moment I do Iray with her daz3d shuts down, I somehow fixed this problem and she worked but I don't know what I did but the error came back.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Iray is quite demanding in some ways, so it isn't altogether surprising that it might trigger the fans when games don't (depending on what the games are doing and how many of the GPU features they use). Are you allowing iray to use both the GPU and the CPU (Advanced tab of Render Settings)? You may get faster renders, and at least quieter CPU fans, if you tell it not to use the CPU (double-taskihng, both rendering and managing the render, can slow everything down though it does vary by system).

Tiff files for some of the textures? If so the fix would be to convert them to PNG and then use the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane (or editing the uncompressed presets in a text editor) to chnage the assignment from the Tiff to the PNG. If that isn't it we need more information.