[Question]Can We Buy a 3D model and be only one who own the Model?

migh3ymigh3y Posts: 0
edited August 2023 in New Users

Hi Everyone I'm just decided to dedicated few years to develop visual novel game like(Acting Lesson and Being a Dik)

[Question]

1.I need a model to be part of my game with some sexual scene what License do I need ? If I just want to make game like Being a Dik or I just buy the model and can work right the way

Link removed

2.what's different about pre-rendered visual novel , 3d rendered anything else I should know about process? (I use Ren'Py to code and make games , and Daz for animation , pose and etc)

3.what is Interactive License do , Do I need or require to have one if I want to publish game on Steam?

4.I wonder If I buy the model at store without License and then other developer also buy a model that I brought and we use same model in our game Do I have anything that will protect my game and his game if we sue each others

(or can we even sue each other at the first place?)

5.If other developer have a Interactive License and I don't and we use the same model ,

can he sue me ?

and If we both have a Interactive License which developer Interactive License will protect?

lastly I wonder If which License do I need If I want to buy to own the model and own it only myself legally because it would be weird if I publish game and another developer also publish game and we have same poster gir hahahah xD

anyway Thanks Guys for helping me out and hopefully one day My game will be publish I will work very hard on it

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Most visual novels use 2D renders - either single images or animations - and those are covered by the basic license. The Interactive License covers cases where 3D data derived from the Daz product, or its textures, are included with the game instead of solely 2D content.

Daz licenses are non-exclusive, if you use the content as-is you will not be able to stop others from using the same content, nor will they be able to stop you. The only way to have fully exclusive elements would be to make them yourself or to commission them from a content creator (for a high fee, since the vendor gets only the one sale). That said, if you mix morphs or textures then you are not obliged to share the recipe used so unless your game was phenomenally popular you probably wouldn't see any direct matches from others.

• migh3ymigh3y Posts: 0

Thank you very much for your help sir ;) it is very useful and clear explination for me your help is very useful for new game maker like me 

but I wonder does sexual scene with moment loop isn't considered as 3d ? '  ' If it's not can you explain me how it works?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

migh3y said:

Thank you very much for your help sir ;) it is very useful and clear explination for me your help is very useful for new game maker like me 

but I wonder does sexual scene with moment loop isn't considered as 3d ? '  ' If it's not can you explain me how it works?

The difference is essentially where the render is taking place. If you render an animation out and include that animation in the game, then that's 2D. If you include the 3D models in the game and that's where the rendering takes place, it's 3D.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265
    edited August 2023

Another thing you can do for making a character more yours are with the textures on their clothing. Take "Superman" for example, iconic clothing which all recognize no matter what color his hair is, etc.

Not the clothing mesh [if purchased from store] is "yours only" -- but if you make your own 'very unique' textures from scratch for that clothing, those textures are yours.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on