[Question]What is MSO , HID , TMA

Question is very basic but I'm scared that answer might not xD 

So While I'm thinking about buying some 3D model I found that some of Model I'm buying have a MSO , HID or TMA in front of their name so what does it mean?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,950
    That is an abbreviation of the name of the artist that created it.
  • migh3ymigh3y Posts: 0

Thanks bro

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

MSO is Mousso and TMA is Tomars Animation; it's not clear what HID stands for.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

such a visually displeasing way to title things.

Seems to be the convention for all Gen 9 character products sold on Daz3d with exception of Daz Originals (?)

Where are naming conventions published, by the way? Is Renderosity and other sites applying the same convention for Gen 9 or just Daz?

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

HID is the vendor HID3D

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

prixat said:

HID is the vendor HID3D

Yes, but that doesn't explain what HID stands for.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

Gordig said:

prixat said:

HID is the vendor HID3D

Yes, but that doesn't explain what HID stands for.

It's HIDden! laugh 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,395
    edited August 2023

lilweep said:

such a visually displeasing way to title things.

The main use is to ensure that products, and more specifically characters, end up with unique names, as there could be conflicts between morphs from 2 characters when they have the same name.
    Within the same store it's possible to check if another character has the same name, but there are other stores, freebies, and so on.
    Using the vendor "tag" as part of the name is an easy way to avoid the problem.

Beside if a vendor you like uses that system it also makes it easy to see their new releases without having to check the product page.

Seems to be the convention for all Gen 9 character products sold on Daz3d with exception of Daz Originals (?)

Where are naming conventions published, by the way? Is Renderosity and other sites applying the same convention for Gen 9 or just Daz?

I'm not sure if it's an actual guideline here or just something some vendors have adopted because they thought it was useful.

There are no general conventions that would be shared by all stores (beside technical constraints related to the file format). If there are actual guidelines at one store they would most likely be published in the vendors-only sections of that store.

Post edited by Leana on