Applying Gen 8 clothes or hair to Gen 9 gives an error when applying the materials

Argh! I searched for this a while back and I’m sure I found an answer, but now... I’ve forgotten. I’m searching again, but can’t seem to find it.

Applying Gen 8 clothes or hair to Gen 9 gives an error when applying the materials to said item.

The auto-fit works fine, but when I go to apply the materials to those hair or clothes, I get an error message saying that “an error occurred...” and when I check the log, I’m told that the application of the material failed (which I kind of figured anyway...)

This doesn’t happen to all hair or clothes, I think I remember something about this being related to hierachical materials...?

Apologies if I have missed this answer, but if someone could remind my poor addled brain, I would be eternally grateful!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

If they are hierachical materials then they are generation specific. You will need to load the hair or clothing on the figure they are meant for, apply the textures you want, and thec save that as am meterial preset which will load any time

• Rocco_9Rocco_9 Posts: 11

AHHH HA!!! Thankyou, that's just what I needed to know! I wil get onto this straight away.