Why when I turn on nvidia iray my everything is not moving at all

Hey everyone I am new to daz but I used to play around daz with my old pc which had i5 9600k and gtx 1080 ti with 32 gb ram and everything ran ok without a problem but was some what laggy and not easy to use but i got used to it, As time went by I needed to upgrade my pc and so I decided to build a new pc with i7-13700k and RTX 4070 with 48 gb ram, but ever since I built my new pc every time i play around daz and i turn on nvidia iray everything becomes super slow and untouchable. I cant be stuck the same instance for 30 min more or less, because everything becomes so laggy. 

I am not using mutlitple figures or something like to overload daz I am just adding 1 figure, clothes and environment.

Anyone else have that problem? And how do I fix it?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

Firstly, not all figures, clothes and especially environments are equal - some will be MUCH more taxing on the GPU than others. Not to mention when you throw lighting into the mix. Generally you should probably use Textured or Filament modes when building / modifying a scene and just switch to iray to check things out a bit before switching back to make adjustments.