New figure and material

Hello,

If I create a new figure, for exemple with MakeHuman or blender, without to create a material for this figure, what material will apprear on Daz? Will the figure haven't any material or wil it receive a default material from Daz?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

If you import an OBJ/FBX into Daz Studio then it will be untextured. You can obviously then apply any shader/material from your library to this for your own use.

• yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 293

Ok, thank you very much!laugh

• It does need to be UV mapped.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

yuyu.atem said:

Hello,

If I create a new figure, for exemple with MakeHuman or blender, without to create a material for this figure, what material will apprear on Daz? Will the figure haven't any material or wil it receive a default material from Daz?

As the best practice, if you create new character with Blender, pls use Genesis X figure as the base for sculpting, then you import the character's morph back to DS. In this way, you'll have a fully-rigged new character and you may load texture maps from other character on it or create new materials..

As for MakeHuman character that you wanna bring into Daz, one of the good ways is to use Wrap3D/4D, i.e. use Genesis base figure to wrap MakeHuman figure and import back to DS.

There're quite a few tutorials on Daz3D channel of youtube, you may take a look first.

• crosswind said:

As the best practice, if you create new character with Blender, pls use Genesis X figure as the base for sculpting, then you import the character's morph back to DS. In this way, you'll have a fully-rigged new character and you may load texture maps from other character on it or create new materials..

As for MakeHuman character that you wanna bring into Daz, one of the good ways is to use Wrap3D/4D, i.e. use Genesis base figure to wrap MakeHuman figure and import back to DS.

There're quite a few tutorials on Daz3D channel of youtube, you may take a look first.

Hi I am  realizing I dindn't see your answer, thank you very much! laugh I don't know Wrap3D at all; if I understand well, it's software different from Daz, is it that? I don't find how to download it...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

yuyu.atem said:

crosswind said:

Hi I am  realizing I dindn't see your answer, thank you very much! laugh I don't know Wrap3D at all; if I understand well, it's software different from Daz, is it that? I don't find how to download it...

That's right, but it's not a freeware, and not cheap. It used to be R3DS Wrap (3D/4D)...now it's Wrap in here -: https://faceform.com/ ;

Well, since there's a MPFB 2.0 from MakeHuman, I suggest you try that first...

• yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 293
    edited September 2023

crosswind said:

Well, since there's a MPFB 2.0 from MakeHuman, I suggest you try that first...

Thank you very much! Do you mean I should import the MakeHuman character into Blender by the MPFB 2.0, and them, import it from Blender to Daz, or only use it in Blender?

Post edited by yuyu.atem on