michael pro bundle

Frustrated again...trying to add the gens..  load figure, add figure, reload figure.  Great they are their, but pure white can not get the skin to stick.

Also, when I change the pose, they completely disfigure...it looks like he's got a tube sock on it..  

So.  Questions

What do I parent them to, to keep the in place and not disfigure?

2nd  How do I get the skin on?

for the life of me I can not get a screen shot to attach...

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

Select Michael 8, load Genesis 8 Male Genitalia, then select Genitalia, load Michale 8 Gens 01 or 02 material presets from Michael 8's materials folder.

• Morning!
    You would not be allowed to post a screenshot of the Anatomical Elements as it's against the ToS wink
    Which Michael Pro Bundle are you using? If he is anything earlier than and including the Genesis 2 Figures (Michael 6) then they should be regular Material Presets that you would select the Anatomical Elements in the scene and apply the material directly to them. If it is Genesis 3 or older then they are supposed to be hierachical materials and should apply by selecting either the base figure or the Anatomical Elements.
    For the "Parenting" that is called "Fit To" in Studio and can be found on the General Tab in the Parameters Pane, just make sure that it has the Base Figure selected.
    Elli

• crosswind said:

Select Michael 8, load Genesis 8 Male Genitalia, then select Genitalia, load Michale 8 Gens 01 or 02 material presets from Michael 8's materials folder.

so my files have Micheale 5 heroic, or Michael 5.  Michael 8 is no where.  Do I parent them, or just load?

as for the presets there are numerous gens bump. gens hairy, shaved, specular sss-translucency, vascularity.   Which one?  because nothing Im trying is working.  

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

goddessxtc said:

crosswind said:

so my files have Micheale 5 heroic, or Michael 5.  Michael 8 is no where.  Do I parent them, or just load?

as for the presets there are numerous gens bump. gens hairy, shaved, specular sss-translucency, vascularity.   Which one?  because nothing Im trying is working.  

Ah...I'm sorry. I should've asked which Michael you're using as per Elliandra mentioned. I don't own Michael 5 as I passed over G1/V5/M5... See if someone who own the product can help with it...

• Elliandra said:

Morning!
    You would not be allowed to post a screenshot of the Anatomical Elements as it's against the ToS wink
    Which Michael Pro Bundle are you using? If he is anything earlier than and including the Genesis 2 Figures (Michael 6) then they should be regular Material Presets that you would select the Anatomical Elements in the scene and apply the material directly to them. If it is Genesis 3 or older then they are supposed to be hierachical materials and should apply by selecting either the base figure or the Anatomical Elements.
    For the "Parenting" that is called "Fit To" in Studio and can be found on the General Tab in the Parameters Pane, just make sure that it has the Base Figure selected.
    Elli

It is the bundle that is being sold now-and it will not upload my photos...tried several times..and I try again voila...  started over and again cant them to stay where they belong :(

dick.PNG
    62 x 59 - 9K
    dick 2.PNG
    539 x 231 - 52K
  • just got him yesterday from the store  yesterday.  LOL I can see why they are called "probundles"  Rookies like me shouldnt be left unattended with this stuffblush

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Whatever Genesis generation the base figure is, the process is the same.

Add the figure to the scene, select the figure, add the Anatomical Elements belonging to that Genesis Generation, select the Anatomical Elements and load the materials.

Some characters have "all in one" hierarchial materials, where selecting the character and applying the material preset, applies the materials also to the fitted add-ons (anatomical elements, lashes, etc.) but I don't think hierarchial material presets were a thing when Genesis 1/Michael 5 were current.

• that sounds simple, but it doesnt work...or nothing Ive tried.  And I have spent at least 15 hours now.   There are over 40 presets, 3 choices for attachments... 

So starting I add the actor.  then I add the genitals.   Then what?    Im an idiot.   I am trying to overcome it, but its proving difficult.  I am sorry to be a pain, but Im just not getting it.  

2.jpg
    731 x 876 - 141K
    3.jpg
    397 x 843 - 93K
    Screenshot 2023-09-11 075256.jpg
    405 x 352 - 33K
  • You need the Attachment, at bottom-right of the first screenshot, the rest are materials for the model once loaded.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You need the Attachment, at bottom-right of the first screenshot, the rest are materials for the model once loaded.

Thank you!!!!   they are staying in place....but I can not get them to not be white...at this point I dont care what color they are, I can  correct that during edit...I try adding skin to him, they stay white I try adding it to them directly they stay white....There seriously should be a read me, included.  I looked high and low and nothing...And thank you!!!!!  Can not tell you how frustrating this has been

• Select them, most easily in the Scene pane, and aply the materials preset.