How are PA's creations created?

Hello,

I am a biginner with Daz so I don't pretend to become a PA at all, but I am just curious to know; I wonder how the PA create their creations. Do they use an external software like Blender? Do they start any creation from 0 or do they start from models already existant in Daz?

Anyway, I am very impressed by the amazing creations we can find in Daz! Bravo, guys!

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

yuyu.atem said:

Do they use an external software like Blender?

Yes.

Do they start any creation from 0 or do they start from models already existant in Daz?

Yes.

• yuyu.atem said:

Hello,

I am a biginner with Daz so I don't pretend to become a PA at all, but I am just curious to know; I wonder how the PA create their creations. Do they use an external software like Blender? Do they start any creation from 0 or do they start from models already existant in Daz?

Anyway, I am very impressed by the amazing creations we can find in Daz! Bravo, guys!

It deepnds what you mean. Most content (the obvious exceptions being things like poses) require some kind of external tool or tools (an image editor, like Photoshop, Affinity or GIMP), a 3D painting tool (Mudbox, 3D Coat, Substance Painter, etc.), sculpting applications (3D Coat or Mudbox again, ZBrush) or a regular modeller (any of a number of tools, from Blender or Hexagon to maya or 3d Studio). Some things are from scratch (building, vehicles and other props) while others are add-ons that derive some data from the base figure (e.g. clothes and hair) or that modify the base figure (characters, which ar generally shape changes and new maps). Some of these can be built with merchant resource sets while others require new content. In other words, the answer varies a lot.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

yuyu.atem said:

Hello,

They have to use an outside modeling app like Blender of Zbrush since DS is not a modeler. Their work has to be all original, since it would be a copyright violation to include someone elses work. Even new textures can't be done over existing ones, they need to use a template to create new textures.

If you think the 3D here is amazing, check out some of the 3D creations at Artstation https://www.artstation.com/?sort_by=community&dimension=all

• Thank you very much!

Richard Haseltine said:

or that modify the base figure (characters, which ar generally shape changes and new maps).

If I understan well, it's what it's called "Actor", isn't it? Their are just created from the base figure, by using the existing morphs?

By the way, I wonder how are created the morphs? Are their created by a specific Daz tool?

Thank you in advance for your answer!laugh

• They're called characters. They are created by modifying the base mesh figure. This means the mesh is modified by moving it around to reshape it so that new mesh is created in so doing. The resultant reshaped mesh is a morph. These morphs can be as simple as changing a nose or lip shape or have changes over the whole head and/or body. 

The Genesis 9 figure is a base mesh figure. Victoria 9 and Michael 9 are morphs that change base mesh to look like a different figure or character. The reason for only reshaping the base mesh and not adding mesh (as when the mesh is subdivided or extruded) is so it will work with clothing, hair and other types of meshes that work with Genesis 9 (in this example).

These morphs are created mostly in external programs (Blender, ZBrush and others) but can be made within Daz Studio as well. There are tutorials in the Daz Store and some are on the Daz Forums, YouTube and other places. I'm sure others will chime in with links. Will list some later if they haven't.

• Cris Palomino said:

They're called characters. They are created by modifying the base mesh figure. This means the mesh is modified by moving it around to reshape it so that new mesh is created in so doing. The resultant reshaped mesh is a morph. These morphs can be as simple as changing a nose or lip shape or have changes over the whole head and/or body. 

The Genesis 9 figure is a base mesh figure. Victoria 9 and Michael 9 are morphs that change base mesh to look like a different figure or character. The reason for only reshaping the base mesh and not adding mesh (as when the mesh is subdivided or extruded) is so it will work with clothing, hair and other types of meshes that work with Genesis 9 (in this example).

These morphs are created mostly in external programs (Blender, ZBrush and others) but can be made within Daz Studio as well. There are tutorials in the Daz Store and some are on the Daz Forums, YouTube and other places. I'm sure others will chime in with links. Will list some later if they haven't.

Ah, ok! I thought the morphs were the cursors used in Daz to modify a character, have I misunderstood?

Thank you in advance for your answder!

• yuyu.atem said:

Cris Palomino said:

They're called characters. They are created by modifying the base mesh figure. This means the mesh is modified by moving it around to reshape it so that new mesh is created in so doing. The resultant reshaped mesh is a morph. These morphs can be as simple as changing a nose or lip shape or have changes over the whole head and/or body. 

Ah, ok! I thought the morphs were the cursors used in Daz to modify a character, have I misunderstood?

Thank you in advance for your answder!

Morphs are new shapes, the sliders are used to apply them - at 0% the morph has no effect, at 100% it is exactly as sculpted, and at intermediate values the vertices 9points) that define the shape move along the line from base shape to morphed shape.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Morphs are new shapes, the sliders are used to apply them - at 0% the morph has no effect, at 100% it is exactly as sculpted, and at intermediate values the vertices 9points) that define the shape move along the line from base shape to morphed shape.

Ok, I understand! Thank you very much!