How often are there sales on the shop?

yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 293
edited September 2023 in New Users

Hello,

I ask this question because I am registred since few weeks only and I see there is a big sale now, with a lot of items sale to 65%, golden ticket items, etc... So I wondeer if this event is very unusual or if such events appen often in the shop.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Post edited by yuyu.atem on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited September 2023

Depends what you think of as a Sale.

There is a sale of some sort (practically) every day - introducing new releases, normally with sales for PAs who have new items out that day.

There are (I think) five major sale events like the one we are currently seeing:

1. March Madness - in March as it's name suggests - used to be brilliant with massive discounts, but for the last couple of years it has been a bit lacklustre, IMHO
    2. Summer Daz+ Sale - something for everyone but most benefits for Daz+ members
    3. Annual PA Sale - in September (i.e. the current sale) - this has been the best for a few years (again in my opinion - others may diisagree!)
    4. Daz+ Anniversary Sale - in October - again the best offers are for Daz+ members but everyone can get some benefit, especially if they run the offer they did last year, where everyone becomes a temporary member for a day or a weekend during the sale
    5. The  Holiday Sale - in December - lots of freebies specially made as holiday gifts and some good discounts on other items

There are also a few special events like Easter/4th of July/Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday, which only last for a couple of days. This year they also ran a sale called "Christmas in July" for about a week.

They make it easy to spend money here!

Edit: Added a bit more detail

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:

They make it easy to spend money here!

Waw! Indeed, I have to be careful!devil

Thank you very much! 

• BrashFinkBrashFink Posts: 93
    edited September 2023

yuyu.atem said:

Hello,

I ask this question because I am registred since few weeks only and I see there is a big sale now, with a lot of items sale to 65%, golden ticket items, etc... So I wondeer if this event is very unusual or if such events appen often in the shop.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

The simple answer is "perpetually"... everything seems to go on sale eventually. I generally add stuff to my wishlist and buy stuff on sale when its a good amount off. That said, I have needed something in a pinch and just bought it not on sale.

The current sale is the craziest one I have ever seen. People who own a lot of models are getting additional savings and it is bananas. I have spent more in the past month than have spent in the past year. 

EDIT: I just went and counted. Since August 30th I have bought 47 items LoL

Post edited by BrashFink on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

There's sales all the time.

I wouldn't buy anything for 65% off, unless you're rich and/or very impatient.

I think 80% off is a good deal; it's possible to do even better if you're patient. Especially with DAZ Originals.

There are some PA's that go on sale less frequently than others, but that's the kind of stuff you start understanding if you've observed the store for a while.

If you're new, I'd err on the side of not spending too much, there's always another sale!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Within a 12 month period, one can get just about anything at 80-90% off (or even cheaper)
    If one is building ones library or otherwise buying more than just one or two items per month, Daz+ membership is a must, which also gets discounted at times ($25-30 per year is not uncommon)

When hunting for good deals, checking the daily promotions, reading and understanding what has been written is very important

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Make sure that you start by adding assets which you're interested in to your wishlist. This makes it easier to keep track on what's happening. Also check yoru settings to see if you enabled e-mail reminders.

Another thing...  right now Daz3D is doing something I can only describe as: "purchasing extra discounts", and it's pretty neat IMO. Basically: with every purchase you aquire tokens or whatever they're called. These tokens can then be used to apply extra discount with your next purchase, depending on how much you have. Even so... it really helped me to scoop up some very solid deals this week.

I even got persuaded to grab both Micheal & Victoria 8.1 even though I already had 8. And I'm happy that I did :)

• yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 293
    edited October 2023

Hi, I just saw your answers, thank you verty much! laugh 

ShelLuser said:

Another thing...  right now Daz3D is doing something I can only describe as: "purchasing extra discounts", and it's pretty neat IMO. Basically: with every purchase you aquire tokens or whatever they're called. These tokens can then be used to apply extra discount with your next purchase, depending on how much you have. Even so... it really helped me to scoop up some very solid deals this week.

Do you mean these tokens are unusual? When I signed in, there were already tokens, so I thouht there were tokens all the year...

Post edited by yuyu.atem on
  • ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

yuyu.atem said:

Do you mean these tokens are unusual? When I signed in, there were already tokens, so I thouht there were tokens all the year...

Well, at least unusual for me; this wasn't a thing last time I checked the store. But then again, that was several months ago.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

ShelLuser said:

yuyu.atem said:

Well, at least unusual for me; this wasn't a thing last time I checked the store. But then again, that was several months ago.

They were introduced during March Madness and have been dropped twice, but came back after a few days. 

• yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 293

Ah, ok, tank you very much!laugh