What's the difference between a pose and a hierarchical pose?

yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 293
edited September 2023 in New Users

Hello,

I would like to know what's the difference between a pose and a hierarchical pose.
By the way, I wonder also if it's possible to use a pose for Genesis 8.1 on a Genesis 8 character, and how to do it. I tried, but I obtained an error message.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Post edited by yuyu.atem on

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

A Pose will affect the selected character

A Hierarchical Pose will affect the selected character as well as one or several items that are fitted or parented to said character.

For example Mrs Shotgun contains a shotgun prop and some hierarchical poses. They affect both the character as well as the shotgun she's holding.

G8.1 poses work on G8 characters. the exceptions are facial expressions and Hierarchical Poses.

I didn't know about the latter myself, just found that out.

• Ah, ok, thank you very much! Is there a way to convert a G8.1 hierarchical pose to a G8? I am surprise because the Avija Wings (https://www.daz3d.com/avija-wings-and-tail-for-genesis-8-and-81-males) is for G8 and G8.1, but it's hierarchical poses (https://www.daz3d.com/metatron-hierarchical-poses-for-genesis-81-male-and-avija-wings) seems to be only fot G8.1, and I didn't find its equivalent for G8...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

Nope... you cannot directly apply a G8.1 H.Pose to G8. You need -: select G8 in Scene pane, go to menu - Edit - Figure - Scene Identification..., in 'Node Name' field, change 'Genesis8Male' to 'Genesis8_1Male'. Then apply the H.Pose, and change the Node Name back to ' 'Genesis8Male'  as needed.

• Or just apply the Hierarchical Preset to 8.1, then save regular pose presets - those will work on 8.

Fitted does not enter into whether an elment can be included in a Hierarchical preset - only parenting matters (which is, I assume, part of the reason that the default was made to parent items when they were fitted).