Is there a tool to compare two different characters?

Hello,

I would like to know if it existes a tool or something able to compare the shape of two different characters, and to appy to one of them the shape of the other. Or maybe, to tell to the user which morphs have a different setting between these characters?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Comments

• Well, you can select both and run your eye down the list of Parameters (Parameters pane or editor tab of Shaping pane) looking for <?>, which would indicate differeing values. If the characters have sliders for their shape (which is usual) then mixing is just a matter of adjusting the value of each (be wary of going far over a total value of 100% though) - in the rarer cases of characters just using mutliple morphs with no master controller you can make your own, right-click on the Parameters pane and put it in Edit Mode, then right-click>Add Property and adjust as needed (e.g. name/label); apply the character (with the figure otherwise zeroed), set the new property to 100%, and right-click on the Slider>ERC Freeze - check there are no interlopers in the list of Sub Compoents, then click Accept.

• Hi, I just saw your answer, thank you very much! laugh How can I select two characters? I tried; but when I select one, the other is automatically deselected...

Thank you in advance for your answer!

• Hold down cmd/ctrl when clicking on the second - this is usually easiest to do in the Scene pane. Cmd/ctrl toggles selection of the thing clicked on without affecting other items, shift (in the Scene pane) selects a range of items from the last selected to the item clicked but clears any other selection (and cmd/ctrl plus shift should allow you to select multiple ranges of items, but sadly this doesn't work in DS - I can't recall what the reply to my bug report said but my guess would be this is a Qt issue).

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

Ctrl + select

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,071

yuyu.atem said:

I would like to know if it existes a tool or something able to compare the shape of two different characters, and to appy to one of them the shape of the other. Or maybe, to tell to the user which morphs have a different setting between these characters?

Are you trying to do the same thing as File -> Save As -> Shaping Preset ? Why can't you just save the shape of character A as a shaping preset, and then apply it to character B?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Hold down cmd/ctrl when clicking on the second - this is usually easiest to do in the Scene pane. Cmd/ctrl toggles selection of the thing clicked on without affecting other items, shift (in the Scene pane) selects a range of items from the last selected to the item clicked but clears any other selection (and cmd/ctrl plus shift should allow you to select multiple ranges of items, but sadly this doesn't work in DS - I can't recall what the reply to my bug report said but my guess would be this is a Qt issue).

crosswind said:

Ctrl + select

Thank you vey much! laugh

Seven193 said:

Are you trying to do the same thing as File -> Save As -> Shaping Preset ? Why can't you just save the shape of character A as a shaping preset, and then apply it to character B?

In fact, I am trying to recreate with Genesis 8 a character I created on MakeHuman. I imported the MH character into Daz as an help to recreate him with G8, and I also tried to use the face transfer plugin, but I didn't success to recreate my MH character yet... So, I wondered if there was a way to compare automatically the shape of the MH (or face transfered) and G8 characters to make it matches easier...

Here is the MH character I am trying to recreate:

Here is the one I obtained with the face transfer (after some fittings):

And here is what I obtained for now by modifying the Daz 's Yuzuru 8 model:

For now, I'm focussing on the head and face themseleves, I amn't trying to modify details like eye or mouth, but there are several parts I don't success to fit to obtain what I want, so, I hoped if there was a way to compare the MH or face transferd version with the G8 one, I could fit it easier... Do you think it's possible?

I have particularyly difficultied with this part, wich seems to "angular":

I tried to modify jaw and cheek, but I couldn't modify it... Would you have an idea how to make it closer from what I need?

I have also an image withe the MH character imported into Daz and the Yuzuru 8 I modified:

In red is the MH character, and in transparent is the Yuzuru 8 character I am modifying, so we can easily see the differences...

Thank you in advance for your advices!

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,071

If I was trying to re-create a non-Genesis mesh in Daz Studio, I would use something called R3DS, but it's crazy expensive. The basic idea, you can take the Genesis 8 mesh and fit it (or wrap it) around the mesh you're trying to re-create. Then you load that wrapped mesh into Morph Loader Pro, and create a morph from it.

• The imported mesh or face transferred morph won't be made using the base morphs, so comparing settings won't help. It's not soemthing I have doen but my suggestion would be to apply a push modifier to oen figure or the other, remove all maps, and set them to have contrasting base colours, then adjust the morphs to get as close as possible (so when the Push Modifier is off you see one model's colour and when you turn the Push modifier's offset up/down the other item comes into view more-or-less uniformly - that would tell you that the shapes were almost an exact match).