Hair rendering white

This discussion was created from comments split from: Why is all of my black hair Rendering in White?!! SOLVED!.

Comments

• I'm having the same issue. But it's with hair made recently for genesis 8. I've used these hair pieces many times before and never had this issue with them. It's MULTIPLE different hair pieces fitted to multiple different characters. When I created the characters, the hair was fine. Then all of a sudden this morning, they all changed white. Now doesn't matter if there is natural light, environment lighting, physical lights, no lights, surface emissions, or none of the above...the hair remains white. Every new character I create and add hair to has the same problem. WHAT the HELIO is going on here?

• It probably isn't the same issue as a 2016 thread, especially as that did not appear to be a sudden onset issue.

I assume other things are rendering OK? My suspicion would be a shader issue, with the hairs using the same shader that is not used on other elements. If you click on a white area of one of the hairs with the Surface Seelction tool (Tools menu) and then go to Window>Panes(Tabs)>Surfaces, click the Editor tab in that pane, and look at top-left what is the Shader listed? What about if you click on an area of a model that is rendering correctly, is it a differnt shader listed?

• Turns out that it's most of my Iray Shaders that are doing this. The car below is supposed to be orange, but no matter what color I use from its package, it always looks white. 

• Turns out its most Iray shaders. The car below is supposed to be orange, but no matter which color I choose from its package, it always turns out looking white while in Iray. In texture shaded, it looks fine. 

DAZStudio_rLRIILiPRT.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • I would assume that is the Coat colour, but I am not aware of having seen that shader so not sure how you wold dial the effect down to show the base colour - though it may be worth trying to sdo an actual render, rather than using Iray Drawstyle..

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

I haven't found any problem from the car with default Env. settings or using other HDRI. Suggest you open a new scene, load the car with default HDRI or use Scene Only mode. Re-install the product if necessary before this try.

SNAG-2023-9-29-0055.png
    2560 x 1400 - 3M