New characters in my Genesis 9 folder

Oh.  I have a whole bunch of new characters which appeared in my Genesis 9 folder.  

Comments

• http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/86958/start

• 2023-09-26

• Added 6 character presets and associated materials/properties - see the updated features list

which presumably means https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-starter-essentials where it says

• Amala for Genesis 9 Character Preset
    • Fabrice for Genesis 9 Character Preset
    • Kat for Genesis 9 Character Preset
    • Laura for Genesis 9 Character Preset
    • Matt for Genesis 9 Character Preset
    • Ty for Genesis 9 Character Preset

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

Oh, I just saw the updates ~

• Richard Haseltine said:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/86958/start

• 2023-09-26

• Added 6 character presets and associated materials/properties - see the updated features list

which presumably means https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-starter-essentials where it says

Thank you for the information. I got the updates in my DIM. Now I understand. 

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 135
    edited September 2023

Earlier I saw a orange banner that say I have new  items on my library, I clik on it but open blank, I check my messages it was there but the same happen, wen I check for the second time the message is no longer in my messages, it was that realated to this update. sorry for the english is my second language.

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • ibr_remote aka infinity10 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/86958/start

• 2023-09-26

Thank you for the information. I got the updates in my DIM. Now I understand. 

You can click the i icon in DIM next to the product name to open the readme page in the default browser - then just look for any new resolved issues at the bottom (they are often, but not always, logged there).

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

Interesting but cool!

Though, reading through the read me I noticed that it lists a bunch of poses sections like “Poses:By Function:Exercise” and “Poses:By Function:Flying” which I've never seen in my smart content folders. Even with the update nothing new appears in my poses list.

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 135
    edited September 2023

jd641 said:

Interesting but cool!

Though, reading through the read me I noticed that it lists a bunch of poses sections like “Poses:By Function:Exercise” and “Poses:By Function:Flying” which I've never seen in my smart content folders. Even with the update nothing new appears in my poses list.

I think for poses refer to, categories By funtion, by Region, expresion others.

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314

The guys still have the chest issues, but thanks for the update. 

• sidsid Posts: 432

The new new guys:

They have their own character sliders, which appear to invoke the proportion and asymmetry sliders.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

They're not very attractive or realistic characters. I don't want useless morphs slowing down G9. Are there enhancements to G9 Essentials other than the characters?

• sidsid Posts: 432

xyer0 said:

They're not very attractive or realistic characters. I don't want useless morphs slowing down G9. Are there enhancements to G9 Essentials other than the characters?

Hard for me to tell. The skins the characters use look almost exactly like the existing texture sets, howerver I notice there's some subtle difference between the Kat charater and the caucasian skin, with the version from Kat character's looking more airbrushed. Possibly some extra variation in eyelashes that wasn't there before.

I guess it's nice for beginner users to have easier 'one-click' characters to try out, but I wonder if Daz is doing itself a disservice by not showing more of what what Genesis is capble of upfront. Would they intrigue more potential customers if DAZ came with Mic and Vicky instead of these more simple examples?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

sid said:

xyer0 said:

Hard for me to tell. The skins the characters use look almost exactly like the existing texture sets, howerver I notice there's some subtle difference between the Kat charater and the caucasian skin, with the version from Kat character's looking more airbrushed. Possibly some extra variation in eyelashes that wasn't there before.

I guess it's nice for beginner users to have easier 'one-click' characters to try out, but I wonder if Daz is doing itself a disservice by not showing more of what what Genesis is capble of upfront. Would they intrigue more potential customers if DAZ came with Mic and Vicky instead of these more simple examples?

Thanks for the answer. I think I'll leave this update in DIM if there's not more than this.

Victoria and Michael are still the most appealing Core Figures at this point. Giving them away might help those who are still G9 resistant. 

• edited September 2023

I rendered Fabrice, which is one of the new characters.  He's wearing baggy long "shorts". Not wearing a skirt.

Test 2 OK.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by ibr_remote aka infinity10 on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,143

xyer0 said:

According to the wiki, adding these 6 characters is the only change:

• 2023-09-26

And the list of all elements related to them:

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Amala for Genesis 9:Eyelashes:Style”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Amala for Genesis 9:Eyes:Eye Colors”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Amala for Genesis 9:Skin”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Kat for Genesis 9:Eyelashes:Style”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Kat for Genesis 9:Eyes:Eye Colors”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Kat for Genesis 9:Skin”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Laura for Genesis 9:Eyelashes:Style”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Laura for Genesis 9:Eyes:Eye Colors”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Laura for Genesis 9:Skin”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Fabrice for Genesis 9:Eyelashes:Style”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Fabrice for Genesis 9:Eyes:Eye Colors”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Fabrice for Genesis 9:Skin”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Matt for Genesis 9:Eyelashes:Style”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Matt for Genesis 9:Eyes:Eye Colors”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Matt for Genesis 9:Skin”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Ty for Genesis 9:Eyelashes:Style”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Ty for Genesis 9:Eyes:Eye Colors”

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Ty for Genesis 9:Skin”

sid said:

Would they intrigue more potential customers if DAZ came with Mic and Vicky instead of these more simple examples?

I don't know if it's still offered, but when I created my account in June, among the e-mails sent by Daz was an coupon to buy the Basics and Beyond Tutorial Bundle for $10, which include Victoria 8.1, two sets of clothes, hairs, an environnement and a link to a tutorial by Jay Versluis explaining how to use Daz and build the scene.

There was also a coupon to get $100 worth of items for free among a selection, but honestly, the selection felt badly thought for a newcomer: it's including product from many generations, some from before iRay other from after, with plenty of characters that required a Daz Character to look like their promo shots.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

I hope this doesn't mean they have reworked the G9 "Morphs" folder, going to be a lot of characters need updated if they have, as they  will be coughing up "failed link"  errors as a result.

• I downloaded the update and.. Yeah OK. The characters are vastly better than I can model myself, but look a bit pudgy & flacid. Like the person I see in my mirror, rather than the person I'd like to see in my mirror.

Regards,

Richard

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    It makes me miss all the Michael 4 face character dials, and the M4 Elite characters.
  • I'm a bit surprised that they all have such soft faces and jawlines. The males have an almost effeminate look to them. I would have liked to have seen at least one of them have more chiseled features.

• sazzyazzca said:

I'm a bit surprised that they all have such soft faces and jawlines. The males have an almost effeminate look to them. I would have liked to have seen at least one of them have more chiseled features.

The G9 is a tough figure to get behind. Not only are they all soft and off-putting (seemingly not fully-formed),  but the chests (not just the guys) are really oddly shaped with everything pointing out to the sides and many figures for G9 have really odd shoulder to body connections. There are some very good G9 characters but for the most part, it is a very disappointing generation.

• These are simply presets to help users get started, they don't have additional morphs so there is a limit on what they can do.

• Timbales said:

The guys still have the chest issues, but thanks for the update. 

The free bases don't have a morph that is in the morph pack and should ehlp with this.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

They are good. That was very thoughtful of DAZ to create those extra character presets.

• ODDnodeODDnode Posts: 21
    edited August 5

I Agree with the consensus of what some here say about these figures, the females don't look feminine, and the males don't look masculine.
    Personally, for me, none of these characters look appealing and are of no use for me.
    While I always can appreciate the free content, I also would like to choose what free content a vendor adds to my library.

Post edited by ODDnode on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,185

There are some nice space aliens for g9, if you like space aliens laugh