Invert Dolly control?

brettnucklesbrettnuckles Posts: 86
edited October 2023 in New Users

Hi, I set my dolly camera controls to ctrl+mmb drag, to match my Blender controls. But the dolly zoom is inverted from what I am used to; draggin up zooms out and dragging down zooms in.

Is there any way to invert these controls? I see the option to invert mouse wheels but I want to invert the click+drag dolly.

Post edited by brettnuckles on

Comments

• Not as far as I am aware - you could open a ticket to make a featrue equest, explaining why you want the feature, and it may be taken up (I don't know how simple it would be to flip the sign).

• You can, however, invert Blender's zoom. It takes a while to unlearn your old muscle memory but you eventually get used to it!

• TimberWolf said:

You can, however, invert Blender's zoom. It takes a while to unlearn your old muscle memory but you eventually get used to it!

True, but maaan it just feels so counterintuitive... probably just arbitrary muscle memory though.

The whole thing is made extra painful because Daz has such glacially sloooow mouse wheel zooming. Painful. Never understood why, it feels so bad and slow compared to other 3D software.  I guess maybe I can just get used to using WASD when I'm in Daz....