How Do I Rig clothing for Kat Genesis 9?

Hi! 

I usually work with Marvelous Designer and Blender. I am now learning DAZ 3D and I exported Kat to Marvelous Designer and did a bodysuit.

Until now all is good, then I click on Kat > Edit > Figure > Transfer Utility and this is my settings:  Source: Kat, target: Bodysuit.

Anyway, when i click ok, the Bodysuit seems to go inside the body.
I think this is an automatic weight issue? How do I Manually weight paint on Daz Studio? And, if i want to correctly export the body with its bones to rig it on blender, how should I do? Is it also possible to paint weight manually on Daz?

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,269
    edited October 2023

Use the settings as attached.

Suggest you alwasy use Genesi Base figure rather than a Character to make garments in MD. Then make a Full Body morph on the garment for your character. This is the most standardized and perfect way.

PS: This issue is not weight relevant. If you use Default in Item Shape, TU will transfer Base figure's rigging to the garment.

SNAG-2023-10-18-0029.png
    513 x 794 - 63K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • As crosswind says, the rigging is doen treating the current shape of the clothing as the base shape, then any morphs are projected into the clothing - so you get double-Kat. Reversing the Source Shape out does the opposite - it (tries to) pull the shape out of the item, giving it a shape to fit the base figure. You can then load the original OBJ as a morph, at least if Kat is a single morph, and if you name (not label) itt o match the kat morph it will be used instead of projecting a new morph, which will get you back to where you started.