Transfering a Scene to another Computer

talihawktalihawk Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in New Users

I want to render a previously made scene on another computer but I'm getting all sorts of errors.

Even if I use a network and try to draw the files off my actual hard drive, it has problems finding everything. And even when it gives me the options to help locate stuff, apparently things are getting lost and next to nothing comes through.

Is there any to export a daz scene and it's components so another computer can use it?

Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

How are your content directories set up on the other machine? What software/version are you using?

• talihawktalihawk Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

That's probably half the problem. I don't have room for Daz on my C drive, so it's on my external hard drive, and unfortunately there is still some of it in my C: drive due to Daz requiring the use of the Documents folder . I'm running Windows Vista 32 bit.

The other computer has all it's stuff on the C drive, but it's running windows 7, 64 bit.

edited December 1969

also using Daz 4 pro on my pc and the other comp has daz 4.5.

edited December 1969

You don't have to use the Documents folder -- I don't have any content on my C: drive.

What's in the scene? Was it made on the 4.0 or the 4.5 computer, and saved in what format? I assume you saved a .daz on 4.0 and you are trying to load it in 4.5 -- for .daz files you'll need to have the Data subfolder for the geometries and the texture files under Runtime\Textures.

edited December 1969

There's not a whole lot actually ;) Just Genesis, wearing an altered Zenia costume, the epic wings, a staff from Lyn's dark rites, and a custom skin and body shape from a freebee site.

I can load genesis and get the base costume on her, but the custom morphs to make it fit properly and give genesis extra shaping won't load. Just the basic custom body.

I've tried saving it every which way I can. ;( I've saved it as a scene, I've tried breaking it up and saving it as character files, material files and pose files.

The original scene was saved on the 4.0 system. I believe 4.5 does not have backwards compatiblity, but daz 4.0 should still work on 4.5 ?

edited December 1969

It will work BUT you need the content on the 4.5 system -- if the data files aren't there, the morphs won't load.

edited December 1969

Hopefully I'll be able to find them! I'm going to copy over the extra content that isn't there yet and hope that works. Thanks for the help!