Wacom Tablet Won't work

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

My Wacom tablet won't work. The cursor moves but I cannot choose anything. The touch tablet built into the laptop works fine. What can I do?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited December 1969

Check what the settings are in the Wacon driver - it's possible you've turned them off, or a bug has turned them off, in error. That will also have a scratch area for pressure which let you check if the tip is giving any information to the system. If that isn't working, try reinstalling the driver. If that doesn't help, you may have a dead or dying stylus :(

• edited December 1969

Have checked both settings for mouse and stylus. The tablet is a new Intuos that works well with all my other applications, so I don't believe it is dying. I have looked at the preferences for devices in Daz and although I see two other mouse choices, I do not see a Wacom choice nor am I able to locate that anywhere else in the program.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited December 1969

Ah, you didn't say it was only in DS that it was a problem. There shouldn't need to be any special settings for using the tablet in DS, and my Intuos 3 is working in 4.5 right now (I think it was working in 4.0, too, though I don't generally use the tablet in DS). You could check to see if you have, again by action or file corruption, got any odd settings assigned to DS in the Intuos control panel (assuming that's not what you mean in your last post). If you haven't made any changes to the Intuos settings yourself you could try running the little utility to reset it to the factory state.