Would be nice to see some suit jackets for G9 Male

edited November 2023 in Product Suggestions

I tried converting the G8 male [suit jackets to Genesis 9] ones, but the buttons just go all over the place.  So, probably need some natively fitting Genesis 9 Male suit jackets.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,212
    edited November 2023

How are you fitting it? Autofitting?

It sounds as if the button are attached with rigid follower nodes, but the buttons don't stay in plcae on the rigid follower nodes, when autofitted.

If I remember rigth the rigid follower nodes survives, so it is just a matter of moving the buttons in place - before posing.

Post edited by felis on
  • edited November 2023

felis said:

It sounds as if the button are attached with rigid follower nodes, but the buttons don't stay in plcae on the rigid follower nodes, when autofitted.

If I remember rigth the rigid follower nodes survives, so it is just a matter of moving the buttons in place - before posing.

So well, ... I took took the jacket and buttons into an external modelling software and made them into one geometry while retaining the material zones.  I used the Dev version of the figure inside the external modelling software and fitted the jacket more precisely to th default DEV figure. I took the re-fitted jacket into Daz Studio 4.22 and converted from prop to figure, then fitted it to the default G9 figure. After that, I could use it with the male G9, but I need to add a smoothing modifier to fix some of the excess folding when posed.  Here is an intermediate screen capture of my results, if anyone else is interested.

SCR Han jacket needs fixing.png
    1149 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by ibr_remote aka infinity10 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

felis said:

Yeah that is a huge pain tried it once, never again, LOL . I agree, when it comes to suits, native will be better

• With a hint from Wendy Carrara, I managed to find how to adjust the weightmap by painting in Daz Studio Tools.

The area under the arm is smoother now and doesn't fold over excessively when the arms are poseddown closer to the side of the G9 figure.  Of course, there are distortions in the underarm area of the jacket when the arms are raise towards the head, but I am not fixing that, since I won't be using that type of posing.

SCR weightpainting per bone fix.png
    1136 x 1019 - 908K
    SCR weightpainting per bone.png
    1034 x 991 - 186K
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Yes, I agree that we need a proper suit for G9M. And one that is not all crumpled but well "pressed" too!

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,071

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated bow-tie tuxedo suit with a square pocket.

You have to go all the way back to Genesis 2 to get something like that:
    https://www.daz3d.com/tuxedo-for-genesis-2-male-s

Here's a sharp suit, but the jacket is the wrong type.  It doesn't have a square pocket:
    https://www.daz3d.com/prz-white-tie-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
    edited November 2023

I love the prz white tie outfit for G8M! I used it many times and I am hoping that it will be re-released for G9. I totally agree that we need tuxedos and tails for our DAZ gents. Unfortunately, looking at the kind of content that is promoted in the DAZ store, I am not holding my hopes high...

Post edited by AOBB on