Scene Type forces new scene... did DS do this before?

DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

This is more of a curiosity than a problem, but I was setting up a scene and I wanted to use a preload scene (created post DS4) in the background.

At which point, DS4.5 asked me if I wanted to save my scene before opening the new one, which wasn't at all what I wanted to do, I wanted to merge the pre-load (a .cr2) with the current scene. After all, that's what clicking on these kinds of preloads had done before.

It was easy enough to go into the Database and re-assigned the type as Set rather than Scene, but it threw me for a bit.

Has DS4 always done that, and I just hadn't noticed (loading either older .cr2 preloads, or starting with the initial preload), or is that a new "feature" of DS4.5?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited December 1969

It's new in 4.5, since it's only now that we can save as a subset. I would prefer a Merge option be added to the confirmation dialogue, but if you right-click on the item in the Content pane you will get Merge as an option - the difference is that for full scene the default action, on double-click, is now Opens instead of merge - while for subsets it's still merge, with open a right-click option.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Richard... good to know this new attribute

...will make mental note... :P