Solved: Genesis has acquired a horrible new look in 4.5 (Warrior Princess)

nysalor_7ad75f2450nysalor_7ad75f2450 Posts: 28
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

[EDIT: Solved - it was the free Warrior Princess morph, which has some errors. Remove it or follow the directions to make it safe.]

The latest problem; Genesis - Both base DSF and DUF plus any saved DUF file - has acquired a new body morph.

When I load base Genesis I don't get our usual androgynous friend, I get a busty female anime figure that looks a bit like The Girl (see below). What's worse, this morph can't be dialed away - it doesn't register as being in play. What's terrible is that this afflicts saved scenes as well - I load up the dainty Indian in sari I've been labouring over, and there's this grotesque anime figure that I can't get rid of.

Yes, I'm getting duplicate file messages, which I don't fully comprehend. No I can't look at the log file, because View Log File brings up the DAZStudio4 folder with no sign of an actual log file.

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful. Please pardon my bewilderment and frustration.

John

gen-1.jpg
682 x 876 - 176K
Post edited by nysalor_7ad75f2450 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Is it possible that you have saved changed assets with the female morph set. you need to zero it and then do the same again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited December 1969

This means you saved with the dial set. Zero the figure morphs, from the Parameter pane option menu,, memorise the morph settings, from the same menu and then go to File>Save as>Support Assets>Save modified Assets.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Seen this in a couple of other threads http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6234/ and http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5916/. Do you have Warrior Princess freebie installed?

• nysalor_7ad75f2450nysalor_7ad75f2450 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

This means you saved with the dial set. Zero the figure morphs, from the Parameter pane option menu,, memorise the morph settings, from the same menu and then go to File>Save as>Support Assets>Save modified Assets.

You guys are champions of the first order. Thank you for the instant replies.

I've tried this on both the DSF and the DUF Genesis figures, then shut down and rebooted. No change to Genesis - though the zero shape under Parameters does give me the standard androgyne.

Would uninstalling then reinstalling 4.5 give me a clean slate?

And do you think the problem will go away if I reinstall 4.03?

With Thanks

John

• nysalor_7ad75f2450nysalor_7ad75f2450 Posts: 28
    edited August 2012

That was it - never looked inside a DSF file before. Gone, and fixed.

I picked up Warrior Princess on Share CG. I'll add a note on the site warning about the morph in 4.5.

Thank you all.

John

Post edited by nysalor_7ad75f2450 on