[Released] Oso Ground War VDBs [Commercial]

Here it is, Oso Ground War VDBs; add some bang to your scene!

Includes a variety of explosions, including some in stages of expansion, two styles of muzzle flash with variations (so that multiple flashes in the same scene aren't identical).

Presets provided to adjust smoke density and color, and emission color for a variety of effects.

Comments

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 133

Well, I bought this today. I loaded the VDB Base and switched to Iray preview mode to see what it's going to produce and nothing. It doesn't even look like my Iray preview is coming up with this loaded. I tried switching to different materials and still nothing. I can still see the Daz Studio grid just like I was in texture shaded mode, I take the Base VDB out of the scene and I ray preview is working again as usual. I have other VDB products and they all work fine. Am I missing something? I can't find a hint of documentation or even a ReadMe included with it so far. Anyone else had this problem? Help? 

Thanks, 
    Charles

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

You want to go to:

Oso Ground War VDBs/Materials

and go to one of the three sub-folders ( Ground Explosions, Muzzle Flash, or Nukes) and click on one of the options.

The default VDB Base has no actual file linked to it, it's just the basic target for whatever you choose.

Thank you!

Okay thanks, it's working now. I guess I was trying to apply the wrong things out of order the first time around. I am really starting to love VDBs for fire, smoke, fog effects aand things like that more than any other solution now. I am wondering though if there is a way to change the brightness of the emission. With other things you just go to the surfaces tab and adjust the number of lumins or whatever but I can't seem to find an equivalent option for the emmisive effects of VDBs that have emmisive effects.

Thanks
    Charles

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966
    edited August 27

My advice is to change Emission Temperature Multiplier. Note that even a small adjustment can be dramatic.

Density Multiplier will also affect the apparent brightness since more smoke will absorb the light.

Post edited by Oso3D on

Thank you muchly sir. :)