Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2024 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

Old render, but I guess it applies:

Shere Khan

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

Llola Lane said:

Stezza said:

the Gathering in Carrara smiley

took the fam to see the lion king at the pictures when it was released... 30 years ago wow! surprise

OMG Stezza... you always amaze me with your artwork... You are awesome with that Carrara.. I've still not opened it.  LOL.  Not sure where you got all the characters... but this is great!  Thanks for helping keep this thread alive!

Thanks Llola , all the characters I modelled in Carrara, the background image I created in photoshop. smiley

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 175

I actually managed to come up with an idea for this one.

Who remembers the Black Stallion books?

Please click for bigger and I can never get images to embed nicely

TheBlack.jpg
    1600 x 1132 - 801K
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,140

I do: as a kid / teenager, I spent a couple of summer vacation at the home of my mom's best friend reading the various Black Stallion novels her daughters had (all were huge fans of horses) smiley

And looking at your render, I decided to add a horse to one of the scene I was working on (initially created to be used as an icon for a character preset) to serve as a replacement for a scene with my usual duo (I may still finish this idea, because I like it, but likely not before the end of the month).

I cheated a bit: the fan-art part is not the horse (I don't remember if Ciri had a specific horse in the various books or the games, I only remember the stupidest video game horse ever Geralt had in the Witcher 3). I also initially wasn't planning on using a conversion of her clothes from the Witcher 3 game, but the Tara outfit I spend some time converting to Genesis 3 didnt' play nice with her pose (the dress is not sitting compatible… at least not with my current skills level)

So, if you are thinking life is going too fast, well, you can always take a rest at the Willow Creek's Stopover smiley

As always, products used should be listed on the gallery.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,215

Fae3D said:

Good grief!  I planned out a render last month, specifically for this challenge.  At the beginning of this month, I made the render, again SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CHALLENGE.  Then I upload the render, to three different places mind you, and then totally forget to enter it into this challenge XD  I'm not scatterbrained at all, lol!

Anyway, here's my entry, fanart of "The Lion King".

Cubs Playing Under Uncles Watchful Eye

Simba and Nala are play fighting near Pride Rock, enjoying themselves, while Simba’s uncle watches close by. Scar isn’t really paying them much attention, however, as he certainly wouldn’t be upset if something happened to them… 

---

The Lion King, Simba, Nala and Scar (and maybe Pride Rock?) are ©Walt Disney Company 

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

Haa... TOTALLY get that Fae... Been a few busy/dizzy months for me too.  This is purrrrrrrrrrrfect.... Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

Gordig said:

Old render, but I guess it applies:

Shere Khan

---

Works for me Gordig... Thanks for sharing your artwork with us :)

Stezza said:

Llola Lane said:

Stezza said:

the Gathering in Carrara smiley

took the fam to see the lion king at the pictures when it was released... 30 years ago wow! surprise

OMG Stezza... you always amaze me with your artwork... You are awesome with that Carrara.. I've still not opened it.  LOL.  Not sure where you got all the characters... but this is great!  Thanks for helping keep this thread alive!

Thanks Llola , all the characters I modelled in Carrara, the background image I created in photoshop. smiley

Of course you did!!!  I'm still jealous that you can model... ;)  

DreamWeever said:

Oh yes... although I've never read the books... I have seen the movie... It's a classic.  Your artwork is just wonderful... Thank you for sharing with us :)

Elor said:

I do: as a kid / teenager, I spent a couple of summer vacation at the home of my mom's best friend reading the various Black Stallion novels her daughters had (all were huge fans of horses) smiley

And looking at your render, I decided to add a horse to one of the scene I was working on (initially created to be used as an icon for a character preset) to serve as a replacement for a scene with my usual duo (I may still finish this idea, because I like it, but likely not before the end of the month).

I cheated a bit: the fan-art part is not the horse (I don't remember if Ciri had a specific horse in the various books or the games, I only remember the stupidest video game horse ever Geralt had in the Witcher 3). I also initially wasn't planning on using a conversion of her clothes from the Witcher 3 game, but the Tara outfit I spend some time converting to Genesis 3 didnt' play nice with her pose (the dress is not sitting compatible… at least not with my current skills level)

So, if you are thinking life is going too fast, well, you can always take a rest at the Willow Creek's Stopover smiley

-----

As always, products used should be listed on the gallery.

Hum... you cheated quite a bit Elor  lol ... It is a quite lovely artwork.  Thanks for sharing.

edited August 31

ok gang... Last minute artwork for me... I tried to get Bugs Bunny out of the https://www.daz3d.com/toon-rabbit-for-daz-studio-4 and this is the best I could do.  Wish I was better at texturing.  Enjoy!

BUGS BUNNY Llola Style DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 90K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

Llola Lane said:

ok gang... Last minute artwork for me... I tried to get Bugs Bunny out of the https://www.daz3d.com/toon-rabbit-for-daz-studio-4 and this is the best I could do.  Wish I was better at texturing.  Enjoy!

I think you did a great job at the retexturing! I do have the Rabbit but not got round to trying to use it yet - however, it looks like you've done quite a bit to make him more BugsBunny-esque :)

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

---

I think you did a great job at the retexturing! I do have the Rabbit but not got round to trying to use it yet - however, it looks like you've done quite a bit to make him more BugsBunny-esque :)

Thanks Sof... there aren't a lot of morphs for the Toon Rabbit... If I was better at Hexagon I would make more... I've never used the rabbit before so this was a first time for me too.  Glad you like my Bugzzzzzzzz... What's up doc?

• Llola Lane said:

DreamWeever said:

Oh yes... although I've never read the books... I have seen the movie... It's a classic.  Your artwork is just wonderful... Thank you for sharing with us :)

Thank you, I had most of the books at one point, but never saw the movie though. I spent a good while going through my memory trying to remember iconic scenes from the book before I settled on the one of Alec watching the Black race along the beach 

======================

Hi Gang... It's September for me... Sheesh WHERE has the time gone???  Anyway...

SEPTEMBER = MYTHICAL/FANTASY = include; half human/half animal, Centaur, Satyr, Minotaur, Unicorns, Mermaids, etc. If it's not a normal animal it goes here.

Post'em when ya got'em!  ENJOY.... Stay well!

• acbacb Posts: 440
    edited September 1

Ok, I already got mine smiley

The Attack of the Dragonfly

"Protect the cake!"

AttackOfTheDragonfly.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1022K
    Dragonfly.jpg
    2560 x 2560 - 447K
    Post edited by acb on

acb said:

The Attack of the Drogonfly

"Protect the cake!"

What an awesome start :) And so quick too!

Not quite sure that even that giant fly-sqatter will be enough to battle that beast tho!

SofaCitizen said:

What an awesome start :) And so quick too!

Not quite sure that even that giant fly-sqatter will be enough to battle that beast tho!

Thank you! smiley

And well, it's all a matter of technique. This is an experienced knight! wink

acb said:

"Protect the cake!"

awesome yes 

acb said:

"Protect the cake!"

That kid looks afraid but is not fleeing. As Corneille said, 'for souls nobly born, Valor doesn't await the passing of years.'

Great render yes

Thank you, Stezza and Elor! smiley

edited September 6

Llola Lane said:

Hum... you cheated quite a bit Elor  lol

(Guilty as charged blush)

Now for this month, I think I'm more in the theme with the Hellborn Dragon.

My usual duo is back in the Words of War world with their friend Jada (and now her husband Zale). The four of  them are now Near the end of an 'Hellborn run', one misstep away to total disaster:

Victoria and Lacey marked this afternoon on their respective agendas: they didn’t want to miss an opportunity to play Words of War with Jada, especially because this time, Jada and her husband Zale were able to play together, thanks to Zale’s parents keeping an eye on the couple’s child.

The whole group spent some time slowly making its way in one of their favourite dungeons with Lacey opening the way (ready to retreat in the shadows if necessary, disarming traps, opening doors), Victoria ready to get the attention of any monsters, Jada keeping everyone alive and Zale taking care of killing monsters, one swing of his gigantic two-handed axe at a time.

They are not near the end and they only now need to avoid being detected by the Hellborn Dragon roaming at the heart of the dungeon.

With Lacey keeping an eye on the dragon and Jada channelling a cloaking spell, will the group succeed and get back to the inn with treasures from the dungeon?

I initially wanted to show him more, but the Contemplation Pool's walls are large and I needed more space for the group of characters so I pushed further and further away but in the end, even if it is looming in the shadow, ready to strike at the first missstep, I think its glowing skin should catch anyone eyes smiley

They are a couple of elements I would have liked to add, like some steam coming from around the legs of the dragon in the water, but I have no idea how to do it (I have some VDB products, but they are still a bit of a mistery to me) and I wasn't able to get Jada's stave to look like I wanted (it's a great product with lots of options).

But there is always another render laugh

Post edited by Elor on

Amazing scene Elor :) Looks like the girls will definitely need the extra backup to handle that dragon!

I know the struggle of trying to fit everything you want into the scene in the way you have it pictured in your mind and then worrying about when to stop adding/tweaking. The steam/smoke VDB products are a bit tricky to get right - I have done a few but not sure I got the balance right so I definitely need more practice with those.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,530
    edited September 7

Here's my fantasy creatures.  Beautiful ones, too, if you don't mind a little peril...

Come Join Us

These lovely sirens are inviting you to come and swim with them. Do you oblige?  

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

Come Join Us.jpg
    2700 x 1669 - 3M
    Post edited by Fae3D on
    edited September 7

summer is coming down under.....

Fires.png
    1000 x 750 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on

Fae3D said:

Here's my fantasy creatures.  Beautiful ones, too, if you don't mind a little peril...

Come Join Us

These lovely sirens are inviting you to come and swim with them. Do you oblige?  

A very tempting quartet - I'm sure they have lured many a traveller to their pool! Purple in particular has a very commanding and intense stare and seems like someone who knows they're gonna get what they want.

Stezza said:

summer is coming down under.....

Oh dear, seems like trouble brewing! Hopefully He-Man is on his way to help - although I am not sure he's the best equipped to put out fires so perhaps it is best tackled with magic.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,530

SofaCitizen said:

Fae3D said:

A very tempting quartet - I'm sure they have lured many a traveller to their pool! Purple in particular has a very commanding and intense stare and seems like someone who knows they're gonna get what they want.

Thanks!  They look to be pretty healthy weights (for mermaids at least), so it doesn't look like they've been missing meals 0_0  And I believe purple is the leader, and I'm sure she's used to getting her way!

E.T. Erinaceus Tecta

Gallery Link for used assets.

• Arugula RugulaArugula Rugula Posts: 8
    edited September 23

Hi everyone. I am super new to DAZ but was really inspired by the mythical challenge for the month since I love mermaids, centaurs, unicorns, etc. I love mermaids the most so decided to have one of my first renders be of an underwater scene. Easier said than done (for me cheeky) but here you go! I hope you all like it. I would love feedback from you all who have been doing this for a while. DAZ is new to me but creating virtual photography and other art isnt so any help to improve will be amazing. Im not sure how you all added your pictures so big to the posts so I have as an attachment. <.<

Undersea Bounty

Mermaids Treasure .jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 629K
    Post edited by Arugula Rugula on

Arugula Rugula said:

Hi everyone. I am super new to DAZ but was really inspired by the mythical challenge for the month since I love mermaids, centaurs, unicorns, etc. I love mermaids the most so decided to have one of my first renders be of an underwater scene. Easier said than done (for me cheeky) but here you go! I hope you all like it. I would love feedback from you all who have been doing this for a while. DAZ is new to me but creating virtual photography and other art isnt so any help to improve will be amazing. Im not sure how you all added your pictures so big to the posts so I have as an attachment. <.<

Undersea Bounty

Welcome to the thread and what a lovelly image to start with :) Hopefully you'll stick around and join in with the remaining month's topics too (if they tickle your creativity).

I'm not sure I qualify to provide any artistic feedback since I have only been using Daz for about two years - so still only a baby in terms of the userbase. I can help with the image embedding thing tho.

1. The first step is to do everything you already did (so step one is complete)
    2. Then, after the post has been made, you need to grab the link to the image. This is depending on your browser, on Firefox you can right-click and select "Copy Link". NOTE: Don't use "Copy link to Image" since that is only the thumbnail. Basically, for the above image you want to get: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/a8/08ec6803d0b11276b49c6cf3f47b41.jpg
    3. Hover over your post and you'll spot a little cog icon appear in the top-right, click on it and select "Edit"
    4. Click into your message to place the cursor at the place where you want the large version of your image to be displayed
    5. Click the "Image" button in the top toolbar (the one with a mountain and a little sun)
    6. In the window that pops up, paste the link to your image into the URL field. When you click out of that field it should update the preview with a corner of your image and insert the width and height in the so-named fields.
    7. In the Width box change this to 800 (this is the max size the forum allows without auto-scaling). The height should change automatically to maintain the correct aspect ratio.
    8. Click OK in the image popup
    9. Your post should now show the embedded image as desired.
    10. Click the button to post the updated comment.

Note: do not delete/remove the attachment since this will actually delete your image and so the embedded link will point to nothing. The posts where you see an embedded image and no attachment are because the URL used in the above steps was from a gallery (or other non-forum) location.