Dynamic backpack

calaopiecalaopie Posts: 215
edited December 2015 in New Users

I have a problem with this backpack http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-backpack

Firstly, I can not fit into any form, even Viktori 4.

Secondly, as already match, the backpack does not move along with the character. Of course, as the figure moved in three directions backpack also moves, but when trying to rotate the chest or bend backpack does not rotate, as if he was not fit to character.

What to do?

I am making a single renderings

Post edited by calaopie on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Are you doing an animated drap or a single frame?

If you are doing a single frame, you can freeze the drape and then parent it to the figure.  Doing an animated drape, it should follow...

• calaopiecalaopie Posts: 215

Ok, fit a backpack to chest and now works correctly. Not counting the number of collisions

• The Dynamic BackPack https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-backpack; under "What's Included and Features" reads (2 Shape Options; Closed, Open) & (4 Basic Material Options)

I find the 4 Basic Material Options.

However, I cannot find the "2 Shape Option; Closed/Open.     (I think this option is important and as a big seller to this product; being the backpack is the only item in the product.)

If someone could, please tell where to find the Closed and Open Shape Options. 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 543
    edited May 20

johnsonjohn95 said:

The Dynamic BackPack https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-backpack; under "What's Included and Features" reads (2 Shape Options; Closed, Open) & (4 Basic Material Options)

I find the 4 Basic Material Options.

However, I cannot find the "2 Shape Option; Closed/Open.     (I think this option is important and as a big seller to this product; being the backpack is the only item in the product.)

If someone could, please tell where to find the Closed and Open Shape Options. 

I bought Dynamic BackPack (https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-backpack) two days ago.  I installed it today and it still does not have the open or close shape options.  Has anyone solved this?

Backpack.jpg
    1197 x 152 - 43K
    DIM installed files.jpg
    502 x 756 - 289K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
  • ElliandraElliandra Posts: 490
    edited May 20

The backpack is an OptiTex Dynamic for Daz Studio not a dForce Dynamic. There is an option in the Parameters Tab for the Open/Close shaping, it's listed under "Misc" Geometry Switching at the bottom in a drop down box BackPack is the closed and BackPack02 is the open version. You may need to do a "Show Hidden Parameters" from the menu button on the parameters tab to see it though.

Also if the mapping wigs out on you just reapply the material preset and it should sort itself out!

Post edited by Elliandra on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067
    edited May 20

The "official" way to do it is via the Styles button in the Dynamic Clothing pane

OptiTex Backpack.jpg
    901 x 775 - 144K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Elliandra said:

The backpack is an OptiTex Dynamic for Daz Studio not a dForce Dynamic. There is an option in the Parameters Tab for the Open/Close shaping, it's listed under "Misc" Geometry Switching at the bottom in a drop down box BackPack is the closed and BackPack02 is the open version. You may need to do a "Show Hidden Parameters" from the menu button on the parameters tab to see it though.

Also if the mapping wigs out on you just reapply the material preset and it should sort itself out!

Elliandra,

Thanks much!  I would not have figured that out by myself.

Richard Haseltine said:

The "official" way to do it is via the Styles button in the Dynamic Clothing pane

Richard,

Thanks much!  I have a few dynamic cloth items (going back to my early buys in 2009).  I’ve never explored them much though, and I certainly have never used (or opened) the Dynamic Clothing pane before.  Now I have a new feature to explore!!