Bone Minion not working

Hi, I recently purchased "Bone Minion Bundle" with the convert FROM G8 ToV4.

Nothing lines up. Does anyone have any ideas how to correct this or do I need to get a refund?

I really bought this to convert from G8 TO V4. It does not seem to have that capacity.

Cheerio

lululee

Bone-Minion-test-001.jpg
1000 x 800 - 119K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

It works well on my side...

Was it the process you did? You applied Genesis 8 Female Bone Minion to a V4 figure, selected Genesis 8 Female Bone Minion node, and applied a G8F pose preset to it ?

• lululee1lululee1 Posts: 332

Hi,

Crosswind, yes, I followed it exactly, (many times)

Wolf359, yes, that is the bundle I purchased.

I wonder if there is a problem with V4. She is weightmaped and I have no problems with her with anything else.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheerio

lululee

Hi,

Here is a side shot . G8 is Aqua. You can see V4 is not matching G8.

Cheerio

lululee

V4-G8-Test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 46K
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

Don't have that particular bone minion, but I had similar issues on the one I have. It ended up being because I'd forgotten to run the script to turn off limits on the figure and/or I had selected something other than the Bone Minion itself.

Yes... I occasionally had the case like TesseractSpace mentioned. OP may try it. Also OP may try to load that HeavyWeight Bone Minion on V4 to have a test.

And post the issue in this thread as well - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/586556/released-bone-minion-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-poses-commercial/p2

RiverSoftArt will respond to you.

• The limits on V4 are quite tight compared to many other characters, and matching G8F's default pose takes you close to those limits without any pose on top of that. Some poses really don't transfer well to V4, and I'm not too sure why. They should... I find it hard to believe that there's a problem with the Riversoft script. However, to check, it might be worth trying an alternative script, and as you've paid for RiverSoft's one, can I recommend that you try a freebie so you're not put to any further expense. I have done one here, but there are other freebies in the 'Freestuff' forum (some digging may be needed). Then you could see if you get a similar result. If you get the same result as with the RiverSoft script, it really suggests that limits are the problem. If the result is the expected pose, then the RiverSoft script may be having an issue applying the pose to V4 - unlikely , I think, but if it happened with my script Id start investigating rotation lock where two rotations seem to work against each other somehow. The can occasionally be cured by switching the order of application of the rotations to a bone. Anyway, hope some of this waffle is useful. Regards, Richard.

Hi,

Thanks soooo much for everyone's help. 

TesseractSpace, I think my problem was I was not selecting the "Bone Minion skeleton" to apply the poses.

I made absolutely certain the limits were off and applyed the pose to the "Bone Minion skeleton" and that seemed to work.

Here's a quick render. The only problem I have now is the V4 poses are not lined up properly but I'm they could line up by translating it on the

X Axis. 

Thanks again for all

WorkingTest-001.png
    800 x 800 - 508K
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

Yeah, I'd had weirdness when I tried posing with either part of the bone minion or part of the figure selected by mistake. I've gotten better about making sure the root of the bone minion is selected.

Yep ~ that was why I asked if the minion is selected... Great!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

crosswind said:

...and Only the Bone Minion. 

Dartanbeck said:

crosswind said:

...and Only the Bone Minion. 

Aye!yes 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

Loves Me My Bone Minions!!! :)

Hi,

Bone Minion, in my opinion, is a fantastic investment that really works well,(now I know how to select the minion).

A great product that works so well on so many different characters. I would recomend this product.

Cheerio   lululee

• ommblazeommblaze Posts: 16

Was working well for a while, but recently getting weird results. Hands etc in wrong places, not sure what is going on? Has Daz Recently done an update or somethng?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,952

ommblaze said:

Was working well for a while, but recently getting weird results. Hands etc in wrong places, not sure what is going on? Has Daz Recently done an update or somethng?

Depending on the pose you are applying, you might need to lock or unlock rotations on your character first. Bone Minion has some presets to make that easier. Also, if the pose you are applying uses Pose Controls, in addition to, or instead of, simple XYZ bone rotations, you will nee to use the Heavy Bone Minion to get accurate results.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130
    edited August 18

@barbult: What is the Heavy Bone Minion? I have made some poses for Genesis 8. I can use those poses on a variety of G8 characters and they work. But, if I apply Bone Minion for G8 to a G9 character, the pose looks distorted. Yes, I did use a combination of Pose Controls as well as simple XYZ bone rotations. So, how do I get the G8 poses to work on a G9 character with the use of G8 Bone Minion?

OK, I see "Create Heavyweight Bone Minion" in the Scripts. Do I apply that to the G8 Bone Minion after I apply the G8 Bone Minion to the G9 character? And, if so, what does that do?

Post edited by inquire on
    edited August 18
    You use heavyweight bone minion instead of the regular bone minion. It is explained in the bone minion manual.
    Post edited by barbult on

OK, I tested it. I get it. Thanks. What about the "Apply Changes" script?   Do I first apply the pose to the Bone Minion, and then apply the "Apply Changes" script to the Bone Minion? Or, do I just use the "Apply Changes" script directly on the figure? I would guess the "Apply Changes" script goes onto the Bone Minion after the pose is first applied to the Bone Minion. Is this correct?

Apply Changes script is generally not needed, unless the pose you are applying does not involve the hip bone. The script is designed for partial poses mostly, I got this information from page 1 of the manual. I don't recall needing to use the Apply Changes script yet. I believe that you are correct that if you need the Apply Changes script, because the conversion didn't happen automatically, you would apply it to the bone minion after applying the pose to the bone minion.

I try to help, but you would probably get more educated/experienced answers by posting your questions in the bone minion commercial thread, which RiverSoft Art monitors.

Yep, that must be it. I tested it. By the way, do you have a link you can provide to the Bone Minion Commercial thread?

There are several commercial threads for Bone Minion, because there are several Bone Minion products. There is a whole section for DAZ PA Commercial Products in the forums. You can look through that for the specific commercial thread for the specific product you purchased and have questions about.

OK. Thanks for all of your help.